Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Big Noon Kickoff vs. Cuckaloes (3 Viewers)

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
You can’t go into every game that way; I agree. But you can in this individual game.
But if we get down a few scores, we’re going to have to start throwing.

This staff and more so Rhule has put this team in position already where they can’t fall behind because if they do, they’re probably really screwed.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Players and coaches alike around here get instant celebrity status without ever actually doing anything. This gives everyone a false sense of security which then takes away any necessary edge or work ethic that it takes to win.

When the games actually start the pressure and expectations of this place cause everyone to meltdown because no one is truly prepared to compete because they’ve already become soft throughout all of the off-season National Championships. It’s rinse and repeat every singe fucking year because the culture is so engrained in every part of the program.

Rhule needed to rebuild this like Prime because he kept waaaaaayyy too many players that are unfixavble and by the time the current rot gets cut out it’s too late and will have already latched onto the new crop of coaches and players alike.
Therre is a big chunk of truth in this. Like Urban Meyer said, to fix a poor program you have to blow it up. Prime got rid of the bad culture by literally getting rid of it. Rhule is trying to change it by giving more people a chance to change.

There is an argument Rhule's approach is riskier. We are already seeing why - not only is the old choke culture lingering, the media and the fanbase are already in Rush to Judgement mode and are starting to conclude on whether or not Rhule was a good hire - after one fucking game. Rhule took a big risk that might sabotage his shot at succeeding. It won't be because the players won't buy in - it will be because they are already ingrained with the choke reflex.

For all the chaos in Boulder in the off-season, CU didn't fold yesterday like they would have last year. They came charging back. There isn't anyone there who remembers last year.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

This staff and more so Rhule has put this team in position already where they can’t fall behind because if they do, they’re probably really screwed.
Osborne did that for 25 years, and it did kill us sometimes. Just not very often.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
So you think we throw the ball more times against Colorado than we did against Minnesota?
Hell yes we will have to. You think we are holding Colorado’s offense down like we did Minnesota? Colorado is going to score north of 40 for sure. We already threw it in at Minnesota when we didn’t have to and it cost us the game.

I don’t think people understand the buzzsaw that we are about to run into. This godforsaken program is always 1 step behind and that is going to be incredible apparent come Saturday.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Wait… this is the current staff’s fault that the WR room and OL were grossly mismanaged by the previous staff? Or I guess I’m extremely confused by your comment. It’s been one fucking game, Jesus H. Christ.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider

I have been much more critical on how Rhule assembled his staff than the average person here; and even I’m not willing to go here yet.

I have confidence that Tony White will have a plan and I also think we’ll have the advantage on the LOS on both sides of it. Further, I think we have the advantage on special teams too.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Hell yes we will have to. You think we are holding Colorado’s offense down like we did Minnesota? Colorado is going to score north of 40 for sure. We already threw it in at Minnesota when we didn’t have to and it cost us the game.

I don’t think people understand the buzzsaw that we are about to run into. This godforsaken program is always 1 step behind and that is going to be incredible apparent come Saturday.

You have Colorado scoring 40 ?

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
Therre is a big chunk of truth in this. Like Urban Meyer said, to fix a poor program you have to blow it up. Prime got rid of the bad culture by literally getting rid of it. Rhule is trying to change it by giving more people a chance to change.

There is an argument Rhule's approach is riskier. We are already seeing why - not only is the old choke culture lingering, the media and the fanbase are already in Rush to Judgement mode and are starting to conclude on whether or not Rhule was a good hire - after one fucking game. Rhule took a big risk that might sabotage his shot at succeeding. It won't be because the players won't buy in - it will be because they are already ingrained with the choke reflex.

For all the chaos in Boulder in the off-season, CU didn't fold yesterday like they would have last year. They came charging back. There isn't anyone there who remembers last year.
You seem to understand this well! It’s why no matter who the coach is here we continue to suck and do the same things! It’s rinse and repeat and this place will chew up and spit out Rhule & Co just like the previous staffs.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG

This may be the stupidest thing I’ve read on the board to date and that’s saying something

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
You have Colorado scoring 40 ?
For sure! Who in the fuck do we have that can remotely make a play on a dude like Sanders, Hunter, Horn, Edwards etc these dudes are going to get in space and this is going to be just like 2022 OU, 2017 Oregon etc we don’t realize how slow we are because we play in the slow ass Big Ten.

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go

Calm down. CU is a glorified WAC team, not 2019 LSU. They can put up points, but have huge flaws that can be exploited. TCU choked away that game as much as CU won it.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Wait… this is the current staff’s fault that the WR room and OL were grossly mismanaged by the previous staff? Or I guess I’m extremely confused by your comment. It’s been one fucking game, Jesus H. Christ.
What did Colorado’s WR and OL room look like when Deion got there.? And correct me if im wrong but didnt we decide to keep the same OL coach?

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
If we run it 50 times we will win. 28-24 Neb. They cant stop the run or sims running. However if we try to throw the ball anywhere near hunter satt should be tarmac'd
Running it 50 times will be awfully hard with the new clock rules but yes, we need control the clock and keep CU’s offense on the sideline to win. The lower the score the better for DONU.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
If Rhule&Co came out and in their first game beat the #17 team that just played for the national championship at their place. We would be partying like rock stars too.

Remember when Riley&Co beat Oregon that shit was crazy and of course they went on to be a bad team that year
I'm not disagreeing with you.

But I remember people in 2016 being weird about that Oregon win then. We got very lucky that they f'd up all those 2 pt conversions. Frankly they would have won if they kicked Xtra pt each time. I remember tons of our fans saying that at the time. Hell Dave Revsine on the BTN highlights said it.

We would be celebrating the fact that our team didn't flinch and won a shoot out game. We'd be celebrating like crazy. But there'd also be 50 threads started worrying about our defense vs future opponents and doing game by games of the match ups.

CU is doing the celebrating MINUS the 50 threads, that's all I'm saying.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds