Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Big Noon Kickoff vs. Cuckaloes (2 Viewers)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
PFFs for Colorado:.

Offense is better than D. Strong pass blocking, below average run blocking, overall line is very average. In fact, even non-OL are below average on run blocking. No one excels at running the ball. Above average to very good pass catchers. Players other than starters (except Dylan Edwards) are uniformly below average. Only two players graded out over 69 overall on offense - Sanders and Hunter.

Defense: half of secondary starters are excellent, half are below average. Front seven is below average. Only two players graded higher than 67 overall - CB Hunter and SS Trevor Woods - they were off the charts in the high 80s. Run defense is not very good. Starters are an odd mix of good to excellent tacklers and several guys who can't tackle to save their lives. Overall DL is below average against the run.

Overall, below average P5 D except for Hunter and Woods.

This defense will give up LOTS of points this year

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
PFFs for Colorado:.

Offense is better than D. Strong pass blocking, below average run blocking, overall line is very average. In fact, even non-OL are below average on run blocking. No one excels at running the ball. Above average to very good pass catchers. Players other than starters (except Dylan Edwards) are uniformly below average. Only two players graded out over 69 overall on offense - Sanders and Hunter.

Defense: half of secondary starters are excellent, half are below average. Front seven is below average. Only two players graded higher than 67 overall - CB Hunter and SS Trevor Woods - they were off the charts in the high 80s. Run defense is not very good. Starters are an odd mix of good to excellent tacklers and several guys who can't tackle to save their lives. Overall DL is below average against the run.

Overall, below average P5 D except for Hunter and Woods.

This defense will give up LOTS of points this year
Players win games and they look to have the better players right now.

QB play, it really doesn't even look close.

Who's a better coach? I don't even know right now.

We just can't run the ball every single freaking play. Sims is going to have to make plays with his arm. Pardon me if I don't have confidence in him doing so. It looks like he's skipping rocks out there.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
One game samples are difficult of course.

PFFs suggest TCU has more depth than CU, their offense is better balanced and perhaps slightly better overall than CUs (primarily because their OL is better than CUs), and their defense is below average. Their defensive starters were actually graded lower than CUs. primarily because their pass coverage was abysmal.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Players win games and they look to have the better players right now.

QB play, it really doesn't even look close.

Who's a better coach? I don't even know right now.

We just can't run the ball every single freaking play. Sims is going to have to make plays with his arm. Pardon me if I don't have confidence in him doing so. It looks like he's skipping rocks out there.
QB Sanders is the real deal, no doubt. They may have the best 2-3 players on the field, but I am not sure they have the better players overall, especially on D.

Most NU fans refused to Deion the credit he deserved for resuscitating Jackson St. They were an extremely disciplined team and executed very well.

We are going to have to run the ball alot, though. We have to keep the ball away from their playmakers, and they haven't shown they can stop the run.

One thing about throwing the ball - I am not sure we have any WRs that can get open against their secondary. Their LBs and rovers graded poorly in coverage. That suggests TEs and RBs as targets.

I think there is a very good chance we can control the ball on these guys if we limit mistakes.

Last edited:

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
I mean, if he doesn't make immediate changes THIS WEEK after that shit show by Sims in week one, we're in for real trouble. I think we'll see visible changes though.

This was the big problem with Frost. They saw issues with Martinez and basically trotted out the same guy/same strategy EVERY week for 4 years.

I don't expect the same from Rhule. I don't think he'll allow that. I think we'll see visible changes in the Sims approach and general game plan vs CU. Lot of running plays bc well have more opportunities vs their DL and LBs.

If I'm wrong I'll own it. I just don't think you can even approach doing that again with Sims. At least with Adrian he gave you 50% good/50 bad each week so you had some glimmer of hope to theoretically build on. But Sims was legit like 80% bad...you can't honestly trot him out with those same passing plays a 2nd week in a row. I just can't even fathom that they'll do that.
Sims had issues all Fall camp so they already knew what they had going into Minny. We will turn it over again 4+ times against CU.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
id definitely, Beellcchhhh, say that natty game they lost by 80 last year was prtty pfffffttt BAD OJ FUCKIN SHIT MY BRAINS
That's a good point. That game may have destroyed TCU psychologically. It may take them a very long time to recover from that.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
The Simulation has already cranked it up to 11.

Rhule all off season talking and doing everything the "right" way and ends up losing a close game.

Deion comes in starts saying and doing all the "wrong" things, proceeds to blow up the whole program and ends up winning a close game 🤣.
Right on. This has been a long term setup all along.

-Losing to them twice with Frost
-1-11 the year before we play them again
-new coach acts incredibly arrogant, setting them up for embarrassment (the opposite of Rhule)
-Nukes entire team after spring ball (no way they will be able to get all these new players in the same page in the fall right? LOL)
-Ridiculous commercials on Fox that pimp Deion like a reality TV star (should have blown up in their face and been embarrassing but of course didn’t)
-Travis Hunter setting himself up on social media to get shit on
-Beat a ranked team by one score on the road
-We lose the same way we always have

There is much more, but we all get the point. There is a huge Colorado knob gobbling session going on across the country right now.

It would be fucking epic to completely ram it up their ass old school, and shut all these people up. This is what would happen in a just world, but this world is anything but.

This is setting up to be The Simulation™’s magnum opus. Peak Nebraska embarrassment on the largest stage it could fabricate for a team that has had 6 losing seasons in a row.

We are to springboard the team that claimed to have “broken” us in 2001. We are all meant to believe that this will be the moment we will turn it around and everyone will see it. Don’t fall for it friends.

Huskerzz9457

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
The good news is that Rhule and staff probably started game planning last night while the previous staff was preparing to cure a hangover this morning

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sims had issues all Fall camp so they already knew what they had going into Minny. We will turn it over again 4+ times against CU.
Why? Colorado isn’t even as close to as good as Minnesota’s defense? It all depends how the game goes. If we get down early he could definitely turn it over. If we stay on track the chances go way down.

Herbie

Quarterback
Lmao I like this guy. You know deep down inside that Prime is going to deep dick us.
I’d like to petition prime get changed too noon and prime time is changed to noon time since his first two games are at noon

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
70723766007-usatsi-20516348.jpg
Such a punchable face

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
Why? Colorado isn’t even as close to as good as Minnesota’s defense? It all depends how the game goes. If we get down early he could definitely turn it over. If we stay on track the chances go way down.
Lmao Colorado’s secondary is one of the best in the country and will pick off Sims on several occasions. You people act like you’ve never watched Nebraska play before.

What we should do, be very patient, take what they give us and run the shit out of the football. What we will do, get inpatient, start chucking the ball all over the field and ask our players to do stuff that they can’t execute and it’ll lead to us getting absolutely blitzed.

We’ve seen this scenario unfold a thousand times now, why would this time be any different? When are fans going to realize that factors/forces driving this shit program go way beyond the head coach.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Lmao Colorado’s secondary is one of the best in the country and will pick off Sims on several occasions. You people act like you’ve never watched Nebraska play before.

What we should do, be very patient, take what they give us and run the shit out of the football. What we will do, get inpatient, start chucking the ball all over the field and ask our players to do stuff that they can’t execute and it’ll lead to us getting absolutely blitzed.

We’ve seen this scenario unfold a thousand times now, why would this time be any different? When are fans going to realize that factors/forces driving this shit program go way beyond the head coach.
I think Rhule can and will get us to a good place, but our roster is ass. Not sure there are other factors/forces driving this shit beyond just not having the jimmies n joes yet.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
I think Rhule can and will get us to a good place, but our roster is ass. Not sure there are other factors/forces driving this shit beyond just not having the jimmies n joes yet.
Players and coaches alike around here get instant celebrity status without ever actually doing anything. This gives everyone a false sense of security which then takes away any necessary edge or work ethic that it takes to win.

When the games actually start the pressure and expectations of this place cause everyone to meltdown because no one is truly prepared to compete because they’ve already become soft throughout all of the off-season National Championships. It’s rinse and repeat every singe fucking year because the culture is so engrained in every part of the program.

Rhule needed to rebuild this like Prime because he kept waaaaaayyy too many players that are unfixavble and by the time the current rot gets cut out it’s too late and will have already latched onto the new crop of coaches and players alike.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Did Deion have the jimmys and joes when he got to Colorado?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds