Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Big Noon Kickoff vs. Cuckaloes (1 Viewer)

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
BigDickPrime 52 - LittleDickRhule 13

Going to be a historically long day in Boulder to add to the headstone of Nebraska football. No way i am watching that beat down next weekend.
No way I'm letting bitches like you to come run your mouths! What will be the spread on this game? Will you put money on it big mouth?

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Would be interesting to see our fanbases reaction after giving up 543 yards in a 3 pt win. I’m sure we would be handling it well.
It's an interesting thought experiment lol.

I think you'd get half the fanbase who'd be pretending this TCU team was a great team (like 100% of Buffs fans are doing) and then the other 50% of NU fans would be taking to the message boards to discredit our own win, like they always do.

We have the most self-hating fans in the country. We generally discredited every single win we had during the Frost era - other team had injuries, other team got screwed by the refs, other team had a short week, etc. The only win we didn't do that for was the MSU win in 2018 - that had universal acceptance. But pretty much every other win got completely discredited by a portion of our own fanbase.

Gotta admire CU fans' simplicity. They're all in on the fact they beat the #17 team in the country (I predict TCU will end up maybe 40-50th in the country by season's end & they might go 4-8). But CU was 1-11 last year, they actually should celebrate like they beat the '85 Bears today - I would.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
We will have a chance is our OC goes the simple route and just does what works and attacks their weaknesses. I am not convinced he will do that.

It took him 9-10 games to figure that out at South Carolina is what I was told

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Idk but @djw004 told me he’d post daily that im the wisest Duck to ever Quack if Colorado won outright

He also told me he wants in on the action Nebraska -27.5 so @djw004 how much you want to put on that? Put your money where your mouth is big dick swinger.

Stand up son! The ducks are coming home to roost and you rats are running and hiding

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
It took him 9-10 games to figure that out at South Carolina is what I was told
I mean, if he doesn't make immediate changes THIS WEEK after that shit show by Sims in week one, we're in for real trouble. I think we'll see visible changes though.

This was the big problem with Frost. They saw issues with Martinez and basically trotted out the same guy/same strategy EVERY week for 4 years.

I don't expect the same from Rhule. I don't think he'll allow that. I think we'll see visible changes in the Sims approach and general game plan vs CU. Lot of running plays bc well have more opportunities vs their DL and LBs.

If I'm wrong I'll own it. I just don't think you can even approach doing that again with Sims. At least with Adrian he gave you 50% good/50 bad each week so you had some glimmer of hope to theoretically build on. But Sims was legit like 80% bad...you can't honestly trot him out with those same passing plays a 2nd week in a row. I just can't even fathom that they'll do that.

Herbie

Quarterback
Right now I’m thinking Colorado hangs 50 and Nebraska scores 10.

Nebraskas team speed in the front 7 is not great and nothing special in the backend. Going to have trouble with Colorado skill players all game.

Nebraskas offense sucks dick. Colorado can sell out to stop the run and leave their secondary players on an island and force Nebraska to have to throw. I’d take Colorados dbs 1v1 over Nebraskas WRs.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Right now I’m thinking Colorado hangs 50 and Nebraska scores 10.
There is zero chance of that. Rhule will run out the clock if it starts going poorly. You can do that now more than ever w the clock rules.

TCU among the insanely stupid things they did today, was they went no huddle sped up the game and created more possessions. Played right into CU'S game plan. I'm dead serious, if that was not Sonny Dykes's worst-ever coached game I'd love to see what is.

Rhule will do exactly what he did vs Minnesota. Run each game clock down to 5-6 seconds then snap. Our OL will be able to get enough 1st downs that we can milk the clock successfully.

CU's defenses is a legit D+. They gave up 7.7 yds a carry today vs TCU which is basically running vs air. You'd have to be really really really really bad to lose to by 40 to a team w that bad of a defense.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
It's an interesting thought experiment lol.

I think you'd get half the fanbase who'd be pretending this TCU team was a great team (like 100% of Buffs fans are doing) and then the other 50% of NU fans would be taking to the message boards to discredit our own win, like they always do.

We have the most self-hating fans in the country. We generally discredited every single win we had during the Frost era - other team had injuries, other team got screwed by the refs, other team had a short week, etc. The only win we didn't do that for was the MSU win in 2018 - that had universal acceptance. But pretty much every other win got completely discredited by a portion of our own fanbase.

Gotta admire CU fans' simplicity. They're all in on the fact they beat the #17 team in the country (I predict TCU will end up maybe 40-50th in the country by season's end & they might go 4-8). But CU was 1-11 last year, they actually should celebrate like they beat the '85 Bears today - I would.
If Rhule&Co came out and in their first game beat the #17 team that just played for the national championship at their place. We would be partying like rock stars too.

Remember when Riley&Co beat Oregon that shit was crazy and of course they went on to be a bad team that year but for that moment at least we thought we had something going.

Now of course that we are in The Simulation and Colorado beat them, TCU will probably turn out to be a decent team this year 🤣.

Colorado fans should also be pumped after everyone including myself thought there was no way what Deion&Co was doing was going to work, they came out and got the win.

ac husker

Safety
Elite Member
Huskers win this one. Perfect set up. Agonizing NU loss Thursday. Everyone sucking CU’s cock all week long. They will be overconfident and our guys will be focused with extra time to prepare. Biggest improvement happens from week one to week two and we have extra days. Our boys will come out physical. TCU isn’t good this year. Ranking was based off last year’s success. Nebraska played a physical game Thursday and will bring that physicality to Boulder.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
There is zero chance of that. Rhule will run out the clock if it starts going poorly. You can do that now more than ever w the clock rules.

TCU among the insanely stupid things they did today, was they went no huddle sped up the game and created more possessions. Played right into CU'S game plan. I'm dead serious, if that was not Sonny Dykes's worst-ever coached game I'd love to see what is.

Rhule will do exactly what he did vs Minnesota. Run each game clock down to 5-6 seconds then snap. Our OL will be able to get enough 1st downs that we can milk the clock successfully.

CU's defenses is a legit D+. They gave up 7.7 yds a carry today vs TCU which is basically running vs air. You'd have to be really really really really bad to lose to by 40 to a team w that bad of a defense.

Every time you throw the ball on Colorado you do them a favor. The approach we’ll take to this game vs the one TCU took is going to be vastly different. Shoot, if you can get a stop on their first possession they may only get two in the 1H.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
70723766007-usatsi-20516348.jpg

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds