Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Best Places to Live

Currently live in Raleigh. It's nice enough but too far from family/relatable people. Moved here for school, stuck here for work for a couple more years.

People here are just a little 'busy' for me, not enough hunting/fishing, and so many trees that I can't see buildings from the road.

I'd much rather look at trees than an ocean of parking lots.

I even like Minnesota, but that's too cold for my liking.

I visited Minneapolis one summer. Seemed like a nice place to live - in the summer.

Garden Plain, KS

Cheney > Garden Plain

Is that Garden City? Wanted to play ball in JC but went SDSU because I was stupid.

Nope, Wichita area.

I live in Waterloo,NE! Home of Farmer Browns!!!
Phoenix is where i want to live in the winter, had enough of this snow shit for the rest of my days! I golf so no wind is a dream place to play golf, i'm going on Feb 24 for 6 days! can't wait!!!!!

Seattle is fucking amazing.
Seattle is fucking amazing.
Donald Trump Republicans GIF by Election 2016

This thread definitely makes me wish i was more traveled.

Only place I have lived besides Swimtown & Lincoln was SoCal when I was stationed there in the Marines. Loved the mountains and being close to the beaches was nice. You’d have to cut the population by 3/4ths for me to ever live there full time again though, it really is way overpopulated for the amount of land. Also just a personal preference but I like having seasons, was really weird having it be 85 degrees and sunny on Thanksgiving.

I like Nebraska because Swimtown is large enough to keep you entertained while there’s still plenty of space to be able to get away from people. Also like the wide open spaces, I love me some Nebraska sunsets. You just can’t get those in the mountains. Even though the winters suck I still like the seasons and like how everything turns green in the summer, further west you get the landscape just turns an ugly brown during the dryer months.

Montana or Idaho would be pretty high on my list of places to move. Also loved St. Augustine Florida when I visited there. Loved the history of the town and just the general vibe.

My dad taught at Diller for 26 years and taught at Hanover when Diller-Odell consolidated. I hear Big Indian is nice (r) since they renovated it.
Small world. My girlfriend is from Hanover. I’m actually currently driving from Hanover to Odell. Big Indian is really nice now. Really good fishing there

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back