Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Best Places to Live

What has Garden Plain ever given the world of football? At least Cheney can claim Jerry Kill.
Cheney does have Jerry Kill. Meanwhile Garden Plain is 2nd all time in Kansas in playoff appearances. Cheney continues to underachieve with their talent.

Denver live on a golf course which is nice and the kids are within 5 minutes. If it wasn’t for them I’d head to Florida. No property tax and everythings open there.

Are we talking country here?
Not unless I'm dancing with one of the aforementioned sloots. Texas Americana, yes. I'm probably spoiled, but caught a new band a couple years ago while on a visit and now they're up for a bunch of Grammys.

Lots of interesting takes on places to live. I've been all over the Mountain and Central time zones... Haven't made the Northeast much or the far West coast. But of all the places I've seen pictures of that I have not been, Kalispell MT seems like a place for me... at least May to December. Spending Spring to Christmas sounds like a nice plan and maybe go Arizona way for the Winter. I think it is partly just because of the name... Sounds mystical. Not too big but not a hole in the wall either, beautiful scenery, mountains, mild summers, low humidity ... I think I could handle that.

I don’t think there is a “best place” for me because I’ve been to a lot of great places during different times of the year. I am loving the winter here in AZ. I also love Montana in the summer and Western CO in the spring. Fall is tits in San Diego.
That’s how I feel about Alaska. each part of the state is pretty miserable and equally awesome during different parts of the year. The places where life is a bit easier are packed with people too. Now if I had unlimited financial resources that would change everything.

That’s how I feel about Alaska. each part of the state is pretty miserable and equally awesome during different parts of the year. The places where life is a bit easier are packed with people too. Now if I had unlimited financial resources that would change everything.
Great post, and agree 100%

I still think if I visited Ketchikan I would never want to leave

I still think if I visited Ketchikan I would never want to leave
I hear it’s nice but it rained every day this past year except for like 10 days. Its on my list of places to visit but I think you have to have a sea boat to make it worthwhile.

I have places in Lincoln, NE and Lake Havasu City, AZ. I used to spend 4 months out of the year in Ontario Canada for about 8 years. Give me Arizona living. I like weather that’s easily predictable and I can plan my shit around. In the summer when it’s 120* I just do my outside stuff from 5am to 9am and it’s really not a big deal.
I love Nebraska but between getting fucked from 4 ways on taxes, and weather throwing me a new curveball every week, I’d stay in Arizona 12 months a year if I could.

My hometown makes a lot of the "Best places" lists: no state income tax, low crime, low unemployment & solid business environment.

As tHe kErNel noted, the weather here can suck...like this week it won't get over 10 degrees, lows in -15 range.

If we were on an ocean and still had this business climate it would be perfect.

For me, I'm thinking winter in the Keys and summer in the Hills.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back