Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Best Places to Live

My old man looking at a job opportunity about an hour outside of Austin. Know much about Johnson City or Marble Falls areas? I don't thu k there's any real population to speak of but I think they are both about an hour west of Austin.
Had my very first piece of Buttermilk pie at a great cafe in Johnson City. Changed my life.....😎

My old man looking at a job opportunity about an hour outside of Austin. Know much about Johnson City or Marble Falls areas? I don't thu k there's any real population to speak of but I think they are both about an hour west of Austin.
Yes, that's Texas hill country. Pretty. Marble Falls has a couple very good breweries. I've only driven through Johnson City.

Why you move to Austin?
Many reasons. I could. The weather suits me. The live music. Sioux Falls has brutal winters. The vibe. The weather. I could retire from teaching and collect while I taught in Austin. I've friends here. The live music. Was here in 2012 for the Livestrong marathon and fell in love with the city.

Thank you for asking.

Many reasons. I could. The weather suits me. The live music. Sioux Falls has brutal winters. The vibe. The weather. I could retire from teaching and collect while I taught in Austin. I've friends here. The live music. Was here in 2012 for the Livestrong marathon and fell in love with the city.

Thank you for asking.
Don’t forget to mention the weather and the music.....😎

Thank you for asking.

Good sloots down there?

Thank you for asking.
I might have taken you saying it sucks a bit too literally.

Agreed on all counts. I like the areas between like Thornton and Mead.

The mountains are a fantasy of living in CO imo, ain't nobody that lives here and works a legit career spending 6 hours in round trip traffic every weekend to go up there. That said I do wish I could soend more time in the mountains. Half the time I'm driving back to Lake Mac.
I70 is a hellscape. Planning to buy a mountain property eventually so it’s worth the drive up

My, my.....I’ve never seen a nose grow that fast and that big......🤪😍🤣

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

Fighting words

What has Garden Plain ever given the world of football? At least Cheney can claim Jerry Kill.

I live in Austin, TX. It sucks. Don't move here. Don't visit. Stay the fuck away.

Pretty much the standard response you hear on r/Austin as well, followed by "I hear Dallas is nice!"

The weather suits me. The live music. The weather. The live music.

Pfft, they advertise Austin as The Live Music Capital of the World, but it's really more like The Shitty Bar Band Capital of the World. Lots of major touring acts skip it in favor of the larger cities in Texas. Austin's great if what you really want is to get so shitfaced that you don't care what you're listening to.

Summers are too damn hot there, too.

What has Garden Plain ever given the world of football? At least Cheney can claim Jerry Kill.

Pretty much the standard response you hear on r/Austin as well, followed by "I hear Dallas is nice!"

Pfft, they advertise Austin as The Live Music Capital of the World, but it's really more like The Shitty Bar Band Capital of the World. Lots of major touring acts skip it in favor of the larger cities in Texas. Austin's great if what you really want is to get so shitfaced that you don't care what you're listening to.

Summers are too damn hot there, too.
It's good to know about your poor taste in local music 😉

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back