Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Best Places to Live

Alexandria, VA, so DC currently. It’s...ok. My wife is a naval officer so we move wherever the hell the Navy tells us to go.

Since 18 I’ve lived in Omaha, Lincoln, Virginia Beach, Monterey, Fredericksburg (VA), and Brunswick, Maine. My favorite place was honestly Maine. Love the pace of life, scenery, and the people are great once you get to know them.

One word threw us off there...I edited. Come on tell us where you want to live...that is what we're talking about here.
I mean you edited but it's still wrong. Thats also ignoring the fact that he answered that part already.

Are you writing a paper on where people want to live?

I mean you edited but it's still wrong. Thats also ignoring the fact that he answered that part already.

Are you writing a paper on where people want to live?
Nope. Just wanting to hear about different areas of the country or world.

Please tell me what is "still wrong."

Having visited and traveled a bit, I can say my current arrangement in Omaha is what I like best. Although if it weren't for family, I'm not sure where I'd be living?

There are areas I've visited that I've pictured myself living. I love mountains and the skiing/boarding scene, so I could see myself living in a place like Frisco, CO. I love lake life and keep my boat in the Ozarks, so that is appealing. I liked San Francisco when the sun is shining and it's warm - which doesn't seem to be all that often. I also liked certain parts of the Southeast such as Knoxville, Atlanta or Savannah. I even like Minnesota, but that's too cold for my liking. Love the weather in SoCal, but too many people and seasonal changes are nil. But there are parts of those places that I also don't like such as unfriendly people, cost of living, ease of getting around, etc. I've returned to Omaha many times thinking I'm lucky.

There are definitely places I wouldn't want to live such as: Albuquerque, Dallas, Detroit, NYC, Memphis or Portland.

To me it's about family and friends, and being 100% on board with enjoying the change of seasons. Every seasonal transition is the tits for me.

Currently live in Omaha been here whole life. But I am moving just outside of st.cloud, MN for work in 3 weeks. I'm already thinking about where to move the ol lady and the dogs after 3 year there. Any ideas?

Lets have a chat about where the best places to live are. Tell us where you're currently living and where the GOAT is. AND why don't you live there

I'm currently living in Phoenix as of a few months ago after coming from Pittsburgh. I loved Pittsburgh. Phoenix is also quite nice.

Goat city for me is San Diego. There's of course plenty of offshoots that are nicer throughout the US but as a city it does it for me. It's just in California.
Kearney. I would probably move to Utah if I could.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back