Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Best Places to Live

So, I googled Portland residents and this came up. Looks like fun. It'd be a shmorgesboard for @What1992

dsc_1362.jpg
Good God

I like the outdoors and do not like heat or humidity. Some places that seem like they'd fit are Bend OR, Bozeman MT, maybe Salt Lake City. if money was no object definitely somewhere in the Telluride CO or Steamboat Springs CO areas would be great.

Live in Los Angeles, Commiefornia
35 years and that's long enough.
Was great for 30 of the 35, but has really gone downhill, along with the State due to extremley poor leadership and worse policy.

Moving to Scottsdale, Arizona
Golf, Guns, Girls, Cars, Money, Food, Outdoors,
Not necessarily in that order.

Best place ever: Couer d'Alain, Idaho
Too cold for someone my age. Would have to deal with some snow for my 60s.
Had to pass on a life there. Will visit friends tho.

So, I googled Portland residents and this came up. Looks like fun. It'd be a shmorgesboard for @What1992

dsc_1362.jpg

You’re not wrong that a lot of downtown and SE Portland looks like that. Once you get into the burbs they look like normal people. That’s why you won’t find me in those areas unless I’m going to a basketball game or concert.

I like the outdoors and do not like heat or humidity. Some places that seem like they'd fit are Bend OR, Bozeman MT, maybe Salt Lake City. if money was no object definitely somewhere in the Telluride CO or Steamboat Springs CO areas would be great.

Bend is great. I’m not a huge outdoorsman but I spend a week over there each summer and golf and do shit with the guys on my street. A lot of people here go there at least once every couple months so it’s very popular.

Garden Plain, KS
But seriously, I miss Texas. Love Garden Plain. It is a great, very very small town but I’m a born Texan. Probably somewhere west of Fort Worth would be ideal to me. Aledo, Brock, maybe even Possum Kingdom. Somewhere that I can drive to watch good high school sports because that will be my hobby when I’m old.

Grew up in Omaha, came to Lincoln for school in 2010 and haven't left. I have my complaints but none of them are enough to get me to move. I travel to Texas a lot for work and I unfortunately love it. I don't really know where I'd move given the chance.

But seriously, I miss Texas. Love Garden Plain. It is a great, very very small town but I’m a born Texan. Probably somewhere west of Fort Worth would be ideal to me. Aledo, Brock, maybe even Possum Kingdom. Somewhere that I can drive to watch good high school sports because that will be my hobby when I’m old.
Make sure you're decked out head to toe in husker gear whilst doing so.

If I could pick up my life (work, family, etc) thats probably where I would go. Outside of the city but close enough trip to go there.

Live in Los Angeles, Commiefornia
35 years and that's long enough.
Was great for 30 of the 35, but has really gone downhill, along with the State due to extremley poor leadership and worse policy.

Moving to Scottsdale, Arizona
Golf, Guns, Girls, Cars, Money, Food, Outdoors,
Not necessarily in that order.

Best place ever: Couer d'Alain, Idaho
Too cold for someone my age. Would have to deal with some snow for my 60s.
Had to pass on a life there. Will visit friends tho.
If you're 35 with them hobbies you should dm me.

Yeah, these are offshoots as mentioned in the original post, jw.

I've never been in the NW. I've been to SF and that's about it. Suffice it to say, I wouldn't survive it. I'm masculine. Those places are cool to visit though.

Yeah, these are offshoots as mentioned in the original post, jw.

I've never been in the NW. I've been to SF and that's about it. Suffice it to say, I wouldn't survive it. I'm masculine.
Clearly not if you have to say it 😈🤓💩

Kearney. I would probably move to Utah if I could.
Definitely miss Kearney. And I'd agree on Utah. The place is beautiful.

But I think if pressed I could make a pretty strong argument that Northeast Nebraska is God's country.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back