Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And then there were 98 Scholarship Distribution Chart (2 Viewers)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
A day of Carnie-age (get it?)

My unofficial numbers after today's news. Also there were more position changes than a one night stand with Prince. (Music knowers will get that one)

98 scholarships on the way to 85. My guess is Tommi Hill will be gone soon enough. Who else?Screenshot_20230320-185941~2.png

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
I think I remember reading they moved Hill back to CB, but as you said, he's probably gone soon anyway.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
My prediction (that no one gives a shit about) for the (at least) 13 to go:
Clark
Smothers
Snodgrass
Pola-Gates
Hardy
Malcolm
Gbayor
Lynum
Rollins
Tagaloa
Martin
Morton
Bretz

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
Is it the end of the world if Grant isn’t back from this suspension? I think they need to let the young pups in that RB room take over.

And I can’t watch Grant run side-to-side any longer. Please.
I held off on posting earlier that I like our RB room better without him because it means more touches for Allen and Ervin, who run more downhill. It’s hard to say that losing someone with his production makes us better but he missed so many holes last year trying to bounce the ball outside.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I held off on posting earlier that I like our RB room better without him because it means more touches for Allen and Ervin, who run more downhill. It’s hard to say that losing someone with his production makes us better but he missed so many holes last year trying to bounce the ball outside.
I have a hard time figuring out if he got too lateral because the OL was just ass when we played better teams or if he just doesn't have great vision

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
I have a hard time figuring out if he got too lateral because the OL was just ass when we played better teams or if he just doesn't have great vision
I have been thinking about that. It seems like he had success bouncing outside early in the season and picking up big yards and that just reinforced bad habits. He couldn’t pull that same trick in the thick of B1G play and it ended up hurting us. I’m certainly not going to argue that our OL did him any favors, but he was trading 2-3 hard fought yards to bounce it outside for no gain. It’s obviously a coachable issue and better OL play would help. But, Allen, Ervin, and even Johnson play more downhill.

GAHusker

Cornerback
My prediction (that no one gives a shit about) for the (at least) 13 to go:
Clark
Smothers
Snodgrass
Pola-Gates
Hardy
Malcolm
Gbayor
Lynum
Rollins
Tagaloa
Martin
Morton
Bretz
Why Gbayor? Where is he going to find a thinner LB room in the country? Also, does anyone know whether Bretz, Morton, or Martin could move to LB?

Last edited:

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why Gbayor? Where is he going to find a thinner LB room in the country? Also, does anyone know whether Bretz, Morton, or Martin could move to LB?
I just see him as 5th at best right now is all.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
It’ll break down like this:

6-7 guys we want to transfer who will transfer
6-7 guys we want to transfer who won’t transfer
6-7 guys we don’t want to transfer who will transfer.
6-7 guys we want to transfer who will transfer
6-7 guys we want to transfer who won’t transfer
6-7 guys we don’t want to transfer who will transfer.

Category 2 is irrelevant. These guys will be able to keep their scholarships, but they won't be on the team because of the New HC rule and won't count against the 85

skerfan

Cornerback
Elite Member
I have been thinking about that. It seems like he had success bouncing outside early in the season and picking up big yards and that just reinforced bad habits. He couldn’t pull that same trick in the thick of B1G play and it ended up hurting us. I’m certainly not going to argue that our OL did him any favors, but he was trading 2-3 hard fought yards to bounce it outside for no gain. It’s obviously a coachable issue and better OL play would help. But, Allen, Ervin, and even Johnson play more downhill.
That bouncing around crap works at the Juco level and mid major level because you just out athlete everyone if you are like Grant. It doesnt work when everyone on the other side of the field is at least as athletic as you.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
Who do you have that fits this? I'm interested in what people's thoughts are
Farmer and Washington are two that fit that mold whose names have been tossed around.

Fidone was one to look out for when Juan was harassing him, but I feel better about him now.

I see Casey Thompson transferring to a safer destination where he’s guaranteed the top role. I could also see 3 QBs transferring when everyone only expects 1 or 2. Definitely possible that Haarberg is QB2 come fall.

Rhamir if hes RB3 after spring ball.

No inside knowledge, but are Ty and Nash here for their entire career?

Ya, not having guys like Androff or NPG or Seth Malcolm taking up a scholarship is what we hope happens, but names like those above are who I’m preparing for.

I realize this is a very shitty thing to hypothesize about.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds