Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers) (10 Viewers)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is Raiola reallyyyy a Nebraska fan though? What has he had to cheer for in his entire life? I can’t imagine a star recruit type who has never lived in the area being enamored with anything NU has done since they were born.

I know his dad is a legend here but I always figured he was doing his dad and uncle a favor during the Frost debacle and then was pleasantly surprised enough by Rhule to give us a fair shot. But come on, “a massive massive fan”? Of what? The color scheme? The Holiday Bowl whale trophy we got when he was 4?
To revisit this question:

Yes, Dylan Raiola is a Nebraska fan!
Yes, he is enamored with all things NU.
No, he was not just "doing his dad and uncle a favor'....

The kid bleeds scarlet & cream baby!

(Trust Herb, he'll never steer you wrong)

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
To revisit this question:

Yes, Dylan Raiola is a Nebraska fan!
Yes, he is enamored with all things NU.
No, he was not just "doing his dad and uncle a favor'....

The kid bleeds scarlet & cream baby!

(Trust Herb, he'll never steer you wrong)
Hahaha it’s insane man!

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
This guy was a starter at Indiana. Obviously Indiana had a rough year but getting B1G starters is probably a better haul for Deion than getting UTEP linemen.

As mentioned I was in the "not ready to dance on Deion's grave yet"...figured he'd be able to add some decent portal additions.

Need the Seaton kid to decommit.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
This guy was a starter at Indiana. Obviously Indiana had a rough year but getting B1G starters is probably a better haul for Deion than getting UTEP linemen.

As mentioned I was in the "not ready to dance on Deion's grave yet"...figured he'd be able to add some decent portal additions.

Need the Seaton kid to decommit.

I get the theoretical concern, but if they imported the entire Indians OL is that really a big deal?

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I get the theoretical concern, but if they imported the entire Indians OL is that really a big deal?
I wouldn't say it's concern. I do think (unfortunately) it'll probably be a tight game in Lincoln.

Was just making that pt that bringing in B1G level starters at OL is an improvement from what they have been doing. They still don't have an OL that I think can deal with our DL dudes.

My point was that I desperately wanted to join in the "CU's program is dead" celebration - I just don't think that will happen. I really want that though bc I despise CU.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I wouldn't say it's concern. I do think (unfortunately) it'll probably be a tight game in Lincoln.

Was just making that pt that bringing in B1G level starters at OL is an improvement from what they have been doing. They still don't have an OL that I think can deal with our DL dudes.

My point was that I desperately wanted to join in the "CU's program is dead" celebration - I just don't think that will happen. I really want that though bc I despise CU.
Have they brought in anyone for their defense?

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member

It’s going to be interesting as hell to watch. I think it’s better than the rush OL build last year, but still similar. One of their transfers out went to Oregon St. (so a better P5 program that saw him play) and I would guess the other ends up in a similar spot. We’ll see how much it was a talent thing.

I’m just skeptical about building an OL completely from the ground up w portal. I think we’ve seen how much of a crap shoot it is. And that we underestimate value of a guy w time w coaches/system.

Also it’s kind of insane? Each one of these guys is a one year rental super senior and they have no depth or long-term pieces. Even if it works, you’re fucked the next year (unless you just want to bail and not have to deal w it)

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
It’s going to be interesting as hell to watch. I think it’s better than the rush OL build last year, but still similar. One of their transfers out went to Oregon St. (so a better P5 program that saw him play) and I would guess the other ends up in a similar spot. We’ll see how much it was a talent thing.

I’m just skeptical about building an OL completely from the ground up w portal. I think we’ve seen how much of a crap shoot it is. And that we underestimate value of a guy w time w coaches/system.

Also it’s kind of insane? Each one of these guys is a one year rental super senior and they have no depth or long-term pieces. Even if it works, you’re fucked the next year (unless you just want to bail and not have to deal w it)
He's building this team so his son can put up stats next year and get drafted. 2025 and beyond is irrelevant

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds