Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers)

Thought this was interesting. Sanders did not play well. Does not look like 3rd best QB for the draft. He's late on a lot of reads and wasn't real accurate on quite a few throws. His OL sucks, but he doesn't help them out, rarely takes an open short route and instead waits for a deeper one and gets hit. OC doesn't help either, they are 5 wide a lot, which leaves the OL alone with the pass rush coming with their ears pinned down. They do nothing to protect the weak part of their offense, their OL, and that cause catastrophic failure for the offense.

There were a lot of takes from the coaching search that probably aged badly, or people pining for guys whose stars have since faded (Dave Aranda, anyone?), but the one take that was always transparently garbage was that Deion would have been a good hire.

Remember how people thought he'd be a good RECRUITER? lol. lmao even.
Hand up...I LOVED Dave Aranda haha. He's now in my category of "Great person, not great head coach"

Get back to being a coordinator and be remembered as one of the best DCs we've seen.

Hand up...I LOVED Dave Aranda haha. He's now in my category of "Great person, not great head coach"

Get back to being a coordinator and be remembered as one of the best DCs we've seen.
I liked Aranda too. Coaching searches are pretty fertile grounds for some strong opinions that go haywire, but Deion specifically just always looked so easy to identify as a clown that would never work out.

This gives me an idea, though... gonna start a "poorly aged tpb takes" thread where we can all laugh at each other.

Thought this was interesting. Sanders did not play well. Does not look like 3rd best QB for the draft. He's late on a lot of reads and wasn't real accurate on quite a few throws. His OL sucks, but he doesn't help them out, rarely takes an open short route and instead waits for a deeper one and gets hit. OC doesn't help either, they are 5 wide a lot, which leaves the OL alone with the pass rush coming with their ears pinned down. They do nothing to protect the weak part of their offense, their OL, and that cause catastrophic failure for the offense.

Seen a couple pretty interesting takes regarding Shutmur.
1. Sean Lewis wasn’t running his offense, but what Deion wanted.
2. They are still running the same offense
3. What is the objective of the offense? Have an identity or even a plan, or pad stats? When you look at what’s happening, it certainly looks like it’s all about padding stats.

3. What is the objective of the offense? Have an identity or even a plan, or pad stats? When you look at what’s happening, it certainly looks like it’s all about padding stats.
When a true freshman RB transfers out despite being one of the leading rushers and top options for carries then you know that the guys on the team think the offense has been built for a specific set of dudes.

That offense is a mess. They put their weakest unit (OL) in the most vulnerable position. It's poorly designed, it's crappy even for video game standards.

That offense is a mess. They put their weakest unit (OL) in the most vulnerable position. It's poorly designed, it's crappy even for video game standards.
Yes, it’s interesting to me because you can tell it’s set up for one purpose (feature Shadildo to an extreme) and yet it can (and does) also expose him tremendously when they play teams of similar talent levels.

The irony is that Shadildo would look fucking great if they played it straight up and took OL recruiting/development seriously.

Instead they went with a plan to feature him and it's having the opposite effect. Look at Dylan. He turns around and hands it off then drops a few dimes and everyone is impressed. He doesn't need to pass it 57 times to showcase anything.

Sanders, always something interesting.

Said he expects Shilo would be back in a few weeks, said that he came back form shoulder surgery quick. That was the shoulder surgery that they tried to deny after Spring ball.

Said that She left for the locker room to get checked out, yet after the hit, they put him back into the game and he played two snaps. So hurt enough to not stay on the sideline, but not hurt enough to play?

Said that they wanted to run it more, but couldn't because of the fronts She was looking at? Guess that 5 man box we showed him determined a pass?

Not sure if he really knows what's going on.

Said he expects Shilo would be back in a few weeks, said that he came back form shoulder surgery quick. That was the shoulder surgery that they tried to deny after Spring ball.

Said that She left for the locker room to get checked out, yet after the hit, they put him back into the game and he played two snaps. So hurt enough to not stay on the sideline, but not hurt enough to play?

Said that they wanted to run it more, but couldn't because of the fronts She was looking at? Guess that 5 man box we showed him determined a pass?

I can at least tell you when a team is rushing 3 or 4 guys as we did most of the night and your QB still has no time, it's really tough to have any answer. You either say "our 5 guys got beat by their 3 and 4 that came" or just say it's time to move on and get better.

It's pretty clear to me what the objective of Deion has been this entire 4 years. It is to get his sons drafted/into the NFL and bring Hunter along with them. Everything else is not even secondary but further down the list. He's retiring after this year and will say it's health related.

That's as bad as "we thought they'd be in an odd man front".

At most there was 6 in the box.

I can at least tell you when a team is rushing 3 or 4 guys as we did most of the night and your QB still has no time, it's really tough to have any answer. You either say "our 5 guys got beat by their 3 and 4 that came" or just say it's time to move on and get better.

is the answer to try and get Nebraska to stop playing so much 2 high 1. run the ball more, 2. hit your cover 2 beaters more regularly or 3. you're just fucked?

On cue

It’s entirely possible it happened. Unfortunately there are racist people everywhere. It’s also not something that needs to be a news story, because it’s a noncriminal act of an anonymous person supported only by the account of one person.

is the answer to try and get Nebraska to stop playing so much 2 high 1. run the ball more, 2. hit your cover 2 beaters more regularly or 3. you're just fucked?
I mean... the real answer is you can't build a team like he has. He scrapped his OL year 1, didn't work, threw everyone under the bus and tried getting new players again. This year, he's starting a center that was there last year, and that's it for continuity. A true freshman LT, a LG that came in from UTEP, an Indiana transfer at RG, and a dude from the SWAC that played with him at Jackson State at RT. You just can't do that.

You have to try and run at least a little bit. If not, do more screens. But their TEs are non-existent as well to help.

3 is probably the best answer though I think they do get to a bowl this year. I am praying to whoever that the UCF game is a touchdown or less in Vegas. The Golden Knights are going to skull fuck them.

It’s entirely possible it happened. Unfortunately there are racist people everywhere. It’s also not something that needs to be a news story, because it’s a noncriminal act of an anonymous person supported only by the account of one person.

Everyone knows that there's a small army of people recording video of everything Colorado does for Coach Prime's social media team and no one managed to capture proof of this happening? Call me slightly skeptical.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back