Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers)

Approaching the Saudis, or any business minded organization, asking for NIL money for college athletics is dumb and a waste of time. The only people who are going to dump money into NIL are boosters who's ego is tied up in that program. There's literally no actual return on investment except for the ego boost you get when your team wins. Saudis don't give a fuck about CU football.

Johnny Mitchell was probably the most intimidating athlete I have ever seen in person. Dude was huge. I'll never forget him throwing firecrackers at me and my friends on the Fourth of July and him laughing about it hysterically. I'm certain he could still kick the shit out of Sapp today.
Johnny was a freak athlete. At his size, he was very fast. Huge guy, strong as hell, could throw a football with either hand 80 yards. I knew him pretty well until he basically got kicked off the team.

He was in the Schramm hall dorms the year I was in Schramm. I will never forget he was talking about having an agent already, a few guys were calling BS on that. So he gets on the phone in his room (landline) and calls his agent. He gave the phone to me, and sure enough, it was an agent. Now, could it have been a friend of his who was pulling a gag on us? I suppose, but I don't think it was.

Johnny didn't like to practice. I will never forget when we were practicing on the grass between Memorial and the Cooker indoor field. Johnny no-showed for practice. Nearing the end of practice, he comes walking up in shorts and a T shirt to T.O. and says to him "Coach, I need the rock more. Get me the damn ball". He was not suspended for this. He was a big weapon for our offense.

As I said, he was basically "moved on" after a few years of the coaches not willing to put up with things anymore. I have nothing against him really, he was always nice to me. He did always want to cheat off of me in classes we had together. Like literally get up from his desk, walk over to me, and read my answers to the exam, copy what I wrote, then sat back down. He never got in trouble from any teachers for this, lol.

He should have been in the league for 15 years with multiple all pro selections, but he just never wanted to put it all together. Dude was an incredible athlete.

I think the purest test of how dumb NIL collectives are is whether you can get get Saudi bucks into them. My suspicion is that even with printing oil money and their super strong desire to make it culturally sexy, the Saudis are going to say "lol that's so dumb"
Saudi fund $$$$ have gone into massive international soccer clubs and massive international golfers and massive international racing. Brands that have international visibility.

The idea of some schmuck from a nobody college football team in the US going over to Saudi to ask for money is so fuckin ridiculous. They don't know what the fuck college football is!

"Take this college league in America you don't give a fuck about - how would you like to invest in the 35th biggest brand (in this league you don't give a fuck about)?"

Puppet Sounds Great GIF by giphystudios2021

Approaching the Saudis, or any business minded organization, asking for NIL money for college athletics is dumb and a waste of time. The only people who are going to dump money into NIL are boosters who's ego is tied up in that program. There's literally no actual return on investment except for the ego boost you get when your team wins. Saudis don't give a fuck about CU football.
Stetson increased Vidalia onion sales by 100% after he was paid to represent that market. I personally bought a bushel just to let it rot because of the commercial he filmed eating the onions. If I see a commercial with Carson Beck in partnership with the Saudis I might just start filling up my truck and car with gasoline.

This stuff actually contradicts the "Deion is leaving on 1/1/2025" people. (I'm one of those people BTW)

This makes it look like he's angling to be there in 2025. These NIL pleas won't do much to help his 2024 team AFAIK. His roster is already set. At this point it would just make some more $$ for some of his guys.

I guess that's all he's doing. Maybe trying to ward off the inevitable locker room mutiny that happens there every mid October by keeping his guys happy.

This stuff actually contradicts the "Deion is leaving on 1/1/2025" people. (I'm one of those people BTW)

This makes it look like he's angling to be there in 2025. These NIL pleas won't do much to help his 2024 team AFAIK. His roster is already set. At this point it would just make some more $$ for some of his guys.

I guess that's all he's doing. Maybe trying to ward off the inevitable locker room mutiny that happens there every mid October by keeping his guys happy.
It's called desperation. Burn, bitch, burn.

His thought process is about as complex as an 8 year old. Of all the businesses that might see value from an NIL partnership, why focus on banks?

1) who has money?
2) banks have money
3) ask banks for money
4) blame racism when they say no

His thought process is about as complex as an 8 year old. Of all the businesses that might see value from an NIL partnership, why focus on banks?

1) who has money?
2) banks have money
3) ask banks for money
4) blame racism when they say no
I think it has more to do with Omaha being a part of the bank’s name who currently sponsor them.

Maybe he is already aware that there isn't a bigger/better program that will take him now. This might be the biggest "bag" he is gonna get, so maybe he is just milking it.

Or maybe he is trying to milk the CU situation, while still putting our feelers on other similar or bigger schools that would pay him. He probably wants options available, because as things are going at CU, something will likely implode sooner than later.

Maybe he is already aware that there isn't a bigger/better program that will take him now. This might be the biggest "bag" he is gonna get, so maybe he is just milking it.

Or maybe he is trying to milk the CU situation, while still putting our feelers on other similar or bigger schools that would pay him. He probably wants options available, because as things are going at CU, something will likely implode sooner than later.
Until he wins no other p4 school is touching him with a 10,000 ft pole.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back