Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Adrian: injury (1 Viewer)

shortbusdriver7

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
I'm guessing it was more along the lines of TD telling you, "Hey, professional-secret-message-board-runner-guy to professional-secret-message-board-runner-guy, you get better info straight from waterboy by sucking his dick."

True, it is definitely how I keep getting good intel. Loose morals and increased desperation over four coaching regime changes. Alas, didn't take my advice and now Waterboy is shy.

Glad to see some confirmation elsewhere on AMart's hairline fracture. They waited until after Monday's PC to start the full treatment plan.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
We should get @alt f4 opinion on this one. I personally don't see it as targeting but you're not the only one with that opinion.

It wasn't targeting and clean hit. AM was a runner, therefore not a defenseless player, so any contact to him at the head or neck area won't be targeting. You can contact the head or neck area of a runner with helmet (not initiated with crown), shoulder, forearm, arm, hand, chest, and still not be targeting.

With him not being a defenseless player, only lowering of the crown and initiating contact with the crown of the helmet would be targeting.

The defender kept his head up and didn't lower it to initiate the contact. Essentially the defender's facemask has to be looking down and parallel to the ground for this type of targeting.

The key words are initiate and lower, the defender must lower his head and initiate contact with the crown. Not the contact with the crown as a by product of a heads up tackle.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
It wasn't targeting and clean hit. AM was a runner, therefore not a defenseless player, so any contact to him at the head or neck area won't be targeting. You can contact the head or neck area of a runner with helmet (not crown), shoulder, forearm, arm, hand, chest, and still not be targeting.

With him not being a defenseless player, only lowering of the crown and initiating contact with the crown of the helmet would be targeting.

The defender kept his head up and didn't lower it to initiate the contact. Essentially the defender's facemask has to be looking down and parallel to the ground for this type of targeting.
I get what you're saying, but I feel like I've seen plenty of not called on the field+reviewed calls where the hit on a QB doesn't seem like targeting, and gets the penalty after the fact. Like was CTB's hit against Minny last year really targeting?

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
It wasn't targeting and clean hit. AM was a runner, therefore not a defenseless player, so any contact to him at the head or neck area won't be targeting. You can contact the head or neck area of a runner with helmet (not crown), shoulder, forearm, arm, hand, chest, and still not be targeting.

I respect your opinion, but if you go to the 1:46 part of this clip, it sure as heck looks like he intentionally drives the crown of his helmet into his jaw.

Link

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
I get what you're saying, but I feel like I've seen plenty of not called on the field+reviewed calls where the hit on a QB doesn't seem like targeting, and gets the penalty after the fact. Like was CTB's hit against Minny last year really targeting?

There is a slight difference with QB is involved because if the QB throws the ball, he is protected under defenseless player rules and cannot be hit in the head or neck area.

I'll have to watch Britt's hit, I didn't see it.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
I respect your opinion, but if you go to the 1:46 part of this clip, it sure as heck looks like he intentionally drives the crown of his helmet into his jaw.

Link

I edited my post to clarify a bit more. The crown has to be lowered, basically looking straight at the ground. So if this defender lowers his contact point and body angle and helmet angle are the same, to let's say the stomach area, would you still want targeting by leading with the crown of the helmet, or do you see it as targeting because his crown contacted AM's helmet?

whiplash

Bench Warmer
Not to speculate, but it could be a cracked tooth or something similar. Plenty of pain, but probably wouldn't get worse. Although if it was a tooth, I don't know why they wouldn't take care of it right away.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds