Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Adrian: injury (2 Viewers)

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Someone needs to spill the beans here... Connor Happer and Mike Schaefer were talking about this on their radio show this morning and Happer said that he saw it up close and that it's pretty gruesome and that he's giving the kid a ton of kudos because he's got to be playing in a ton of pain.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Someone needs to spill the beans here... Connor Happer and Mike Schaefer were talking about this on their radio show this morning and Happer said that he saw it up close and that it's pretty gruesome and that he's giving the kid a ton of kudos because he's got to be playing in a ton of pain.
How can something on his face look gruesome up close but you can't see it at all in camera? Something inside his mouth?

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
How can something on his face look gruesome up close but you can't see it at all in camera? Something inside his mouth?
Yeah I still don't believe it. You can tell when someone's jaw is wired and his jaw doesn't look it.

Pops22

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Yeah doesn't seem possible its something with his jaw. His jaw was never even bruised that I saw. Plus he'd have trouble talking you'd think.
He has 2 screws somewhere in the upper part of his mouth and it's 'wired' shut. If you watch the replay of the game, there are times you can see what appears to be rubber band looking wires in his mouth. From what I understand, this is a temporary fix until he can have surgery.

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
He has 2 screws somewhere in the upper part of his mouth and it's 'wired' shut. If you watch the replay of the game, there are times you can see what appears to be rubber band looking wires in his mouth. From what I understand, this is a temporary fix until he can have surgery.

Yea, two on the top, two on the bottom.

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
We ran the QB Saturday including a QB sneak
There is Fuking NO WAY he has a broken jaw
He’s done interviews & his jaw moves
As well as Calling cadences in a loud stadium & you clearly see his jaw moving

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
We ran the QB Saturday including a QB sneak
There is Fuking NO WAY he has a broken jaw
He’s done interviews & his jaw moves
As well as Calling cadences in a loud stadium & you clearly see his jaw moving

You're right, he can move his jaw, and he doesn't have a broken jaw.

Adrian's Grandma

Bench Warmer
I've been sitting on this for a few days because I know it's being played very close to the vest but I know it was posted on NCIU so I figured I'd share here. It wasn't me who posted on NCIU but a friend over there brought it up without me saying anything. Some of you have probably already heard but Adrian's got a pretty serious jaw injury from last weekend and it's pretty shocking that he's going to try to play. My best guess is that it's from the hit that knocked him out of the game temporarily in the first half. Right now he's essentially got a 'band-aid' fix for the rest of the season and then surgery with a long recovery. I don't think that they're worried about it getting worse as much as they're worried about pain management. It's gnarly. I can't give much more detail than this, just fucking pray he doesn't take another shot to the chin any time soon and be thankful the guy is a goddamn warrior.

Again, this is all the detail I can give so don't ask for more. Please don't share this on RSS and be mindful of who you share it with.

Edit: I forgot to include this in the original post, but the concern for him is more pain management than the injury worse. The concern football wise is how much he'll be able to communicate on the field.
Did mi nieto tell you about his jaw before his own abuela? I am so so sad. Who is daddy

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds