Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Adrian Martinez on Big Red Wrap Up (1 Viewer)

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Well Adrian does know a thing or two about turnovers...

ea017315-be64-4993-ab5c-7f596c1b01d3_text.gif

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Are people under the impression that Rhule wants his offense to look like this long term? I'm honestly not even sure why this is a point of discussion.
I think there is a portion of the fan base that wants this type of offense.

I think you look at who they are recruiting at QB, they wont be running it going forward.

I still am dumbfounded as to why they got Sims vs retaining Casey or a different style of QB. We have an OC who is historically bad at having his offenses turning the ball over. Over the last 3 years, Satterfield's offenses have been at the bottom in terms of turning the ball over in conference. We then went and got the player who lead FBS in turnovers during his time.... Why did we think this was a good decision?

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member

I think you look at who they are recruiting at QB, they wont be running it going forward.

I still am dumbfounded as to why they got Sims vs retaining Casey or a different style of QB. We have an OC who is historically bad at having his offenses turning the ball over. Over the last 3 years, Satterfield's offenses have been at the bottom in terms of turning the ball over in conference. We then went and got the player who lead FBS in turnovers during his time.... Why did we think this was a good decision?
I think they felt like they needed a good mobile/running QB because our offensive line was not going to be good enough to move the ball (or pass protect) without one.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I think they felt like they needed a good mobile/running QB because our offensive line was not going to be good enough to move the ball (or pass protect) without one.
I could see that. My comment was more on how it seemed like adding a turnover prone QB to an OC who has turnover prone offenses doesn't seem like a good fit.

I didn't care about running vs passing as much.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member

Maybe they just took him because of Rhule's connection to GTech's previous head coach

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
We have an OC who is historically bad at having his offenses turning the ball over. Over the last 3 years, Satterfield's offenses have been at the bottom in terms of turning the ball over in conference. We then went and got the player who lead FBS in turnovers during his time.... Why did we think this was a good decision?
Couple all that with the team that has lost ~50 more turnovers over the last 20 years than the next closest team. There really was no alternative for The Simulationâ„¢. It was a the perfect storm.

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Are people under the impression that Rhule wants his offense to look like this long term? I'm honestly not even sure why this is a point of discussion.
As we are all aware, Husker fans love discussing issues that haven’t arrived yet i.e. coaches, roster attrition.

Rhule praises the fans but sometimes I wonder if he just wants to call us how 80% of our fan base seems to be, losers. We have become so accustomed to losing and carry a losing mentality like the team has for so long.

We had more break downs of every snap of last years loser team of what went right or wrong than this years team. A team that’s over .500 for the first time since what? 2016? I’d imagine we could find more positives than negative.

With the shape our offensive depth is, reaching a bowl would be incredible.

As far as Adrian goes, good kid but I ain’t trying hear from some weak ass leader who votes no on more football. Don’t tell me you love the game and are so damn mentally weak you don’t want to play more games.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I could see that. My comment was more on how it seemed like adding a turnover prone QB to an OC who has turnover prone offenses doesn't seem like a good fit.

I didn't care about running vs passing as much.
The whole turnover prone OC is a weird mentality to me. Rattler was turnover prone at Oklahoma. Before Rattler was the injuries that left him with a guy that started the year at GA. They were generally worse than the team that they were playing.

Just such a small sample size to make a generalization like that.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds