Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Adrian: injury (4 Viewers)

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I edited my post to clarify a bit more. The crown has to be lowered, basically looking straight at the ground. So if this defender lowers his contact point and body angle and helmet angle are the same, to let's say the stomach area, would you still want targeting by leading with the crown of the helmet, or do you see it as targeting because his crown contacted AM's helmet?

I see it as targeting because he's using the crown of his helmet to initiate the contact. I guess I thought that was the definition of it regardless of where the player was hit.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I see it as targeting because he's using the crown of his helmet to initiate the contact. I guess I thought that was the definition of it regardless of where the player was hit.
I can see both sides of the targeting argument, but what's inexcusable is the TV broadcast not even replaying the hit until after the commercial break (and after the next play had been run, iirc) and the replay officials not even taking a look at it. we see much more questionable hits get reviewed every week, but somehow this one doesn't even warrant a second look

I swear half of targeting calls only get reviewed if the broadcast shows the replay and applies some pressure. I think the replay officials 2 priorities are (in order) to avoid embarrassing themselves, and then also maybe get the call right

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I can see both sides of the targeting argument, but what's inexcusable is the TV broadcast not even replaying the hit until after the commercial break (and after the next play had been run, iirc) and the replay officials not even taking a look at it. we see much more questionable hits get reviewed every week, but somehow this one doesn't even warrant a second look

I swear half of targeting calls only get reviewed if the broadcast shows the replay and applies some pressure. I think the replay officials 2 priorities are (in order) to avoid embarrassing themselves, and then also maybe get the call right
Guarantee they looked at it. There was the injury timeout so they didn't have to stop the game to do so.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Careful last time something came from NCIU they told me to suck waterboys dick
48164973.jpg

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Are we sure he didn't break it today from sucking all that dick at trying to read coverages?

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Guarantee they looked at it. There was the injury timeout so they didn't have to stop the game to do so.
does the replay booth have independent access to all the camera angles, or are they still reliant on the broadcast to show the angles? (which they can then rewind as needed)

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I couldn't even find anything online that specified. I know in the early days of CFB replay it was just a basic DVR and TV set up where they watched the broadcast and were dependent on them to show the angles. I'd like to think it's improved since then but nothing would surprise me at this point

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
does the replay booth have independent access to all the camera angles, or are they still reliant on the broadcast to show the angles? (which they can then rewind as needed)

Yes, they have their own feed of anywhere from 7 to 12+ angles depending on the stadium. They control everything in their booth completely separate from broadcast.

Furthermore, I asked a BIG replay official, yes they reviewed it and no targeting.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds