Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Adrian: injury (1 Viewer)

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
I've been sitting on this for a few days because I know it's being played very close to the vest but I know it was posted on NCIU so I figured I'd share here. It wasn't me who posted on NCIU but a friend over there brought it up without me saying anything. Some of you have probably already heard but Adrian's got a pretty serious jaw injury from last weekend and it's pretty shocking that he's going to try to play. My best guess is that it's from the hit that knocked him out of the game temporarily in the first half. Right now he's essentially got a 'band-aid' fix for the rest of the season and then surgery with a long recovery. I don't think that they're worried about it getting worse as much as they're worried about pain management. It's gnarly. I can't give much more detail than this, just fucking pray he doesn't take another shot to the chin any time soon and be thankful the guy is a goddamn warrior.

Again, this is all the detail I can give so don't ask for more. Please don't share this on RSS and be mindful of who you share it with.

Edit: I forgot to include this in the original post, but the concern for him is more pain management than the injury worse. The concern football wise is how much he'll be able to communicate on the field.

Last edited:

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
If it’s actually broken the Docs and Frost should make him sit.

Best case scenario going 6-6 and to the Detroit pizza bowl isn’t worth having your jaw wired shut for a year after some major oral surgery.

Smothers can get sacked just as good as Martinez, the offense being a dumpster fire won’t skip a beat.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I heard that too but i wasn’t really buying it yesterday. Sheesh.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Appreciate any and all info of course but, how could someone with a gnarly jaw injury that will require surgery and intense pain management give a completely normal press conference two days after it happened? I mean there's no doubt his jaw got fucking rocked on that play, and maybe I just don't know anything about this particular injury, but he was speaking completely fine on Monday:

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
Appreciate any and all info of course but, how could someone with a gnarly jaw injury that will require surgery and intense pain management give a completely normal press conference two days after it happened? I mean there's no doubt his jaw got fucking rocked on that play, and maybe I just don't know anything about this particular injury, but he was speaking completely fine on Monday:

Yea that's definitely fair. Like I said I can't really give any more info than I have already. My point was that the totality of his situation, right now, is gnarly, injury + 'band-aid' = gnarly.

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I've been sitting on this for a few days because I know it's being played very close to the vest but I know it was posted on NCIU so I figured I'd share here. It wasn't me who posted on NCIU but a friend over there brought it up without me saying anything. Some of you have probably already heard but Adrian's got a pretty serious jaw injury from last weekend and it's pretty shocking that he's going to try to play. My best guess is that it's from the hit that knocked him out of the game temporarily in the first half. Right now he's essentially got a 'band-aid' fix for the rest of the season and then surgery with a long recovery. I don't think that they're worried about it getting worse as much as they're worried about pain management. It's gnarly. I can't give much more detail than this, just fucking pray he doesn't take another shot to the chin any time soon and be thankful the guy is a goddamn warrior.

Again, this is all the detail I can give so don't ask for more. Please don't share this on RSS and be mindful of who you share it with.

I was absolutely shocked that they didn't review and call targeting on the play. The guy hit him up underneath the chin with the crown of his helmet.

Toe

Wide Receiver
His jaw is not broken.

Continue Season 9 GIF by The Office

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
Edited OP to include this: I forgot to include this in the original post, but the concern for him is more pain management than the injury worse. The concern football wise is how much he'll be able to communicate on the field.

Reactions: Toe

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds