Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

25% through the season analysis

When will you guys realize that he’s just not good????
When I see him used in a way that is sensible, like throwing the ball to him downfield when he's matched up with a S or LB in coverage on playaction passes. He showed ability to get open last season on similar plays but we had horrible QB play.

No one player has a ton of targets right now in the offense. That is probably partially by design and also a result of Dylan just making his reads. I would not get too bent out of shape about it or make sweeping statements about any one player right now.

I could definitely see Lane leaving Ole Miss. He was on the 1 yard line with Auburn. Maybe that decision changes a bit with the new playoff format where Ole Miss is probably in this year, but it's still Florida.

I could definitely see Lane leaving Ole Miss. He was on the 1 yard line with Auburn. Maybe that decision changes a bit with the new playoff format where Ole Miss is probably in this year, but it's still Florida.
That and Ole Miss opened the checkbook for NIL after that.

I would be surprised if Lane left Ole Miss for Florida. Would have to be a ton more money for Ole Miss not to match it.
If Lane takes a job I think it's this one, otherwise he's probably at Ole Miss forever.

Ole miss has a ceiling and I think they'll reach it this year. They'll finish ranked 5-10 and getting a home playoff game should get him in statue territory there. He has pretty firm roots there and I could see him satisfied since they give him a lot of personal time relative to other SEC coaches. He likes to spend that personal time in Florida though so who knows.

Two other SEC coaches that should get an interview are Beamer and Drink. Both guys would be capable of getting Florida to the playoffs consistently and run an organization well. Beamer has South Carolina maxed out and isn't on fantastic terms with everyone around the program. Drinkwitz has the governor of missouri passing legislation he's specifically asking for. Obviously one is more likely to leave than the other. I'll hold out a little hope for Drinkwitz as Florida has a much higher ceiling than Mizzou (and it would be great for nebraska to get him out of missouri.

I think it's more likely Lanning leaves for Florida than it was Alabama. Much better situation to walk into expectations-wise.

Fortunately I don't see Rhule leaving a program tailor-made in his image with 100% buy-in to his vision and solid financial footing for one in an area he's not very familiar with despite a higher ceiling.

That and Ole Miss opened the checkbook for NIL after that.
For sure, Ole Miss boosters made a smart move of going all in this year. Wouldn't surprise me to see him stay if they affirm their commitment in the future to building a top tier roster. Florida is still a T5 job in all of CFB though. I would just be surprised if he's a lifer at Ole Miss, but Idk what exactly he'd be holding out.

I would be surprised if Lane left Ole Miss for Florida. Would have to be a ton more money for Ole Miss not to match it.
He is always flirting with leaving. I just see Florida as an easier place to win a title, but maybe their resources aren’t as good as I think. I’m just going off their history. Either way you atleast throw the bank at him as the first choice.

If Lane takes a job I think it's this one, otherwise he's probably at Ole Miss forever.

Ole miss has a ceiling and I think they'll reach it this year. They'll finish ranked 5-10 and getting a home playoff game should get him in statue territory there. He has pretty firm roots there and I could see him satisfied since they give him a lot of personal time relative to other SEC coaches. He likes to spend that personal time in Florida though so who knows.

Two other SEC coaches that should get an interview are Beamer and Drink. Both guys would be capable of getting Florida to the playoffs consistently and run an organization well. Beamer has South Carolina maxed out and isn't on fantastic terms with everyone around the program. Drinkwitz has the governor of missouri passing legislation he's specifically asking for. Obviously one is more likely to leave than the other. I'll hold out a little hope for Drinkwitz as Florida has a much higher ceiling than Mizzou (and it would be great for nebraska to get him out of missouri.

I think it's more likely Lanning leaves for Florida than it was Alabama. Much better situation to walk into expectations-wise.

Fortunately I don't see Rhule leaving a program tailor-made in his image with 100% buy-in to his vision and solid financial footing for one in an area he's not very familiar with despite a higher ceiling.

I don't think they would hire Beamer. He is probably fired after this year.

He is always flirting with leaving. I just see Florida as an easier place to win a title, but maybe their resources aren’t as good as I think. I’m just going off their history. Either way you atleast throw the bank at him as the first choice.
My Gaytor buddy seems to think their NIL isn't very organized, which could be an issue.

I don't think they would hire Beamer. He is probably fired after this year.
If they backslide next year I think that's when they would but I still think it would be a mistake. He's really improved the program operationally. Takes longer to show dividends in the SEC if you're not a blue blood, ask Kentucky.

I think it was a mistake for him to take that job in the first place. Really difficult place to win.

If they backslide next year I think that's when they would but I still think it would be a mistake. He's really improved the program operationally. Takes longer to show dividends in the SEC, ask Kentucky.

I think it was a mistake for him to take that job in the first place. Really difficult place to win.
Yeah, I don't disagree that he SHOULD be given more time, but left on the schedule they have: Akron (W), Ole Miss (loss), Bama (loss), OU (loss), TAMU (toss-up, lean loss), Vandy (W, but could get spicy), Mizzou (loss), Wofford (W), and Clemson (loss). I'm not sure he could survive another losing season.

Yeah, I don't disagree that he SHOULD be given more time, but left on the schedule they have: Akron (W), Ole Miss (loss), Bama (loss), OU (loss), TAMU (toss-up, lean loss), Vandy (W, but could get spicy), Mizzou (loss), Wofford (W), and Clemson (loss). I'm not sure he could survive another losing season.
I think they'll win at least one of OU/A&M/Mizzou/Clemson and get to 6-6 which would be a great season for them. That defense is pretty nasty

Not to turn this thread into talkin' cocks but who do you even hire there? Tough program

I think they'll win at least one of OU/A&M/Mizzou/Clemson and get to 6-6 which would be a great season for them. That defense is pretty nasty

Not to turn this thread into talkin' cocks but who do you even hire there? Tough program
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's canned even at 6-6.

7-6, 8-5, 5-7, and 6-6 is going to be a tough sell at almost every SEC program (whether or not rational), but if not he's in for a helluva prove it Y5. I continue to think that Jamey Chadwell will be a home run whenever he gets his first P4 job, but you're right that they kind of need to accept their ceiling at a certain point. Maybe Golesh? Dickert?

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's canned even at 6-6.

7-6, 8-5, 5-7, and 6-6 is going to be a tough sell at almost every SEC program (whether or not rational), but if not he's in for a helluva prove it Y5. I continue to think that Jamey Chadwell will be a home run whenever he gets his first P4 job, but you're right that they kind of need to accept their ceiling at a certain point. Maybe Golesh? Dickert?
Definitely not Dickert geographically and I don't think Chadwell will get you anything better than 6-6. He's a ballcoach not a CEO and they need a CEO.

Jury is still out on Golesh imo but I think you can at least get some SEC organizational familiarity and a good QB bringing him in instead.

Stable of potential SEC coaches is a bit dry compared to years past. I don't think Todd Monken would be a bad hire there

2nd half adjustments on offense. 1st half scripted and after that is great. When the opponent shuts that down Satt does some weird shit and everyone seems lost. Also like to see some younger, faster guys emerge at wr, especially the slot.
Get your shit together Satt and stop pretending. Middle linebackers are a joke like they have been since 2005.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back