Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

25% through the season analysis

So you're saying we should line him up in the backfield and run him between the tackles 15-20 times a game? 🙂
Season 1 Yes GIF by The Roku Channel

So you're saying we should line him up in the backfield and run him between the tackles 15-20 times a game? 🙂

Of the long list of coaching felonies Frost committed this one ranks at or near the top.
So weird that Kentucky didn't do that lol.

Side note: Too bad for Wan'Dale having the worst QB in the NFL (maybe for a decade) throwing to him

Positives :

Raiola is as good as advertised and will get even better
Dowdell has been a great addition to the offense and the RB room
LB core with Gbayor and Bullock have really stepped up and have surprised me
Jacory Barney - i love what he's bringing to the table as a true freshman ..

Negatives :
Alvano FG kicking needs to improve
While improved in the passing game, we still have work to do.
WR transfers .. Banks has been underwhelming an Neyor has been inconsistent. I'm hoping the more they all play together the more in sync they will be and those big plays will open up. I'm not seeing that as much right now, but the positives are it's still early
My only bitch of the season is that Rhule should have put Alvano out there to kick the fg on the 4th and 3 to either give him some confidence or figure out how fucked he is mentally. Otherwise it’s hard to bitch about anything else since it’s been forever when we started 3-0.

My only bitch of the season is that Rhule should have put Alvano out there to kick the fg on the 4th and 3 to either give him some confidence or figure out how fucked he is mentally. Otherwise it’s hard to bitch about anything else since it’s been forever when we started 3-0.

Yeah, I was disappointed they didn’t kick that FG. Alvano needs the practice or confidence, and the more he kicks, the more Rhule can assess whether a change is needed before it costs us in a crucial moment later in the season.

Everyone panic

https://gridironheroics.com/florida-Gaytors-james-franklin-billy-napier/

Deion +600 as the #3 candidate????????? The coach currently bombing out at a toilet school gonna jump to a blue blood type job, and at his alma mater's biggest rival, no less? How do I short that bet?
Exactly what I said to my Gaytor buddy who sent that. You’d have to be a person who’s never watched a snap of football to want to hire that shitshow at this point.

I was hoping/expecting that Fidone's potential would be unlocked by having Raiola. That hasn't materialized yet but it's much more due to the types of opportunities they've given Fidone. The horizontal TE arrow route needs to be shelved or used much more sparingly. He looks awkward running it and the team isn't executing it. Get Fidone downfield on playaction passes where his athleticism provides that mismatch.

I was hoping/expecting that Fidone's potential would be unlocked by having Raiola. That hasn't materialized yet but it's much more due to the types of opportunities they've given Fidone. The horizontal TE arrow route needs to be shelved or used much more sparingly. He looks awkward running it and the team isn't executing it. Get Fidone downfield on playaction passes where his athleticism provides that mismatch.
When will you guys realize that he’s just not good????

And it seems like he's sharing opportunities with the other tight ends. That catch Boerkicher had down the middle for a big gain last week, and the targets Nelson is getting (I know he's listed as a WR right now, but Fidone often lines up out wide as well, and Nelson is probably taking that spot from him at times). If Fidone was getting all those opportunities, he'd probably be right on track with what we all hope for him.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back