Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

O-line hype is through the roof (1 Viewer)

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Him and Benhart have been in a spirited competition to earn the (dis)honour of being Nebraska's worst lineman of all-time. Benhart had a yuuuge lead for a while, but Corc quickly closed the gap and took the lead.
Benhart at least looks serviceable this year compared to in the past.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Benhart at least looks serviceable this year compared to in the past.
Bored Paul Rudd GIF

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
Think Kemp and Rhamir were looking for someone to block too. Rhamir was just smart enough to turn and look.
That was kind of my thought as well, but was giving them the benefit of doubt. That play was fucked regardless of what the OL did. The shitty part is that the middle is wide open and if Kemp had cut in there was no one. I obviously know that’s not how the play was designed, but so much green right then.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Him and Benhart have been in a spirited competition to earn the (dis)honour of being Nebraska's worst lineman of all-time. Benhart had a yuuuge lead for a while, but Corc quickly closed the gap and took the lead.
The crazy thing is, i would put good money on Corcoran making a 53 man roster at the next level at guard. He will no doubt always suck here at tackle under Donny, but we’ve seen lots of lineman struggle here and then be serviceable at the next level.

Farniok, Gates, Jaimes come to mind off the top of my head

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Yeah this was ugly and with more time may have been able to find someone open(?), but this play HH was the only option it looks like and once that was gone, other than a broken play, this looks like it was toast no matter what.

HH coming across behind the line:
View attachment 26880

HH still coming across, Corcoran already beat. Alex Bullock at the bottom of the screen is already trying to block the WR.
View attachment 26881

HH looking for the pass. Benhart now beat. Billy Kemp is clearing. IGC basically just stops and fronts his DB.
View attachment 26882

HH covered. 3 lineman now beat. Bullock and IGC basically blocking. Kemp is clearing. Not even sure what the 2nd read is supposed to be.
View attachment 26883

Rahmir Johnson looks like the only possible 2nd option on this play. No other receiver (other than maybe Kemp out of screen) is running a route.
View attachment 26884
It'd be nice to actually run this where you can boot and influence dudes. But it's a designed screen essentially. Only option is Haarberg. Which worked the first time, they came out and did it a second and everyone knew what was coming. But it's a pick your poison I guess. You call something where you tell Sims where to go with the ball, or a progression. This was obviously...go to HH. Could have fired a glance to #2 and it's a first down.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds