Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

25% through the season analysis

Kind of rhules game. Go back and look at Baylor 2019. Big lead first half- shorten game, don’t make mistakes and rely on D second half. If we win, who cares how it looks.
Plus Rhule is also on record saying that he views the OOC schedule like the NFL preseason. I think that could go a long way in understanding what we've seen in the second halves so far.

Plus Rhule is also on record saying that he views the OOC schedule like the NFL preseason. I think that could go a long way in understanding what we've seen in the second halves so far.
Yup- agree. He geeks out on the recovery as well. Think he’s more concerned about that than stats/points or whatever everyone’s bitching about.

Raiola needs to stop trying to throw back shoulder every time he goes outside the #s to Banks
The balls Banks is getting have been ass.
Biggest concern (which is a somewhat surprise) is how much Raiola will under throw. All of Lloyd’s catches have been big adjustments on his part, eventually those are going to be awful looking interceptions
The best ball Lloyd has seen was an excellent throw but the DB made a great play to take it away & intercept it
Hoping we see better balls out of 15 when he has to move from the pocket & he stops all the back shoulder crap with Banks. Let the big guy go get it
I’m onboard with this post. Lloyd dropped that one against CU that was in the bread basket but otherwise you’re spot on

This + @Goskers07 list.

Neyor is a little better than I expected though.

More impressed with Barney than expected and I had pretty high expectations.

Lloyd so far not as impactful as I'd hoped.

Defense about as expected.
Yeah I’d agree with Neyor too. The only reason with him I slowed my expectations was his history of injury. If he stays healthy he’s about what I expect

I feel like I don't know much at all about this team outside that they clearly upgraded the QB position from last year (low bar).

I don't love how this team comes out after half time...specifically offensively. I know all 3 games have been over by that time but still, would like to see something there.

I think we'll know more after Friday night.

Anybody else surprised Nebraska is a 9 point favorite right now? Seems high to me.

I also would like to see Raiola step into it and rip some passes. As opposed to constantly trying to drop it in the perfect place.

I think that interception was completely on him. He's gotta throw Lloyd open on that.
never really been his game to be honest. even if you watch his HS tape hes not a fireballer

Defense as expected - I don't understand why nobody ever fumbles against us though
Raiola as good as advertised. I think they have kept it pretty vanilla for him so far (which was a good idea), but now that hes got game reps I hope they let him rip it some more
Dowdell pleasant surprise, run game disappointing overall
O line hasn't been tested but they have kept Dylan remarkably clean.

Excited to see the D when White starts actually trying this week

Kind of rhules game. Go back and look at Baylor 2019. Big lead first half- shorten game, don’t make mistakes and rely on D second half. If we win, who cares how it looks.

I also think Rhule geeks out on the recovery aspect of the game. The lower the snap count the better for him imo.
I can get on board with that but I'm still seeing us throw passes later in the game, so that tells me he doesn't completely give up. We just don't seem to be as efficient after halftime. Drop balls, pass blocking, and route running drop off. I'm probably over thinking it like normal and don't have the stats to back it, so we'll see what happens moving forward.

Dowdell has been a pleasant surprise. he's a lot more explosive than he looked in the spring game
I read somewhere, he rolled his ankle very early in the spring game but played through it. I agree thought. Dowdell has been very good.

If you look at the season in stages then we have passed the test of the first stage, the non conference. We are undefeated, have a quality win and have gotten through unscathed. (No major injuries)

It's a huge step for us because in the past we have lost so many non conference games and at the same time lost vital players.

Sure, there are some question marks (*cough kicker) and some places we can improve, but that is to be expected. On the whole, we have to be really excited about what we've seen so far and satisfied with the overall results which have been overwhelmingly positive compared to recent history.

The next stage will be tougher, obviously, but we seem to be well positioned for a run.

Defense as expected - I don't understand why nobody ever fumbles against us though
Raiola as good as advertised. I think they have kept it pretty vanilla for him so far (which was a good idea), but now that hes got game reps I hope they let him rip it some more

The run game has been disappointing? Wat

I guess since there hasn't been one guy touting the rock and hitting over 100 yards, sure. But it has been a pleasant surprise to have a stable of 4 backs that you can trust.

Last edited:

We're averaging 5 yds/carry as a team, our top guy (Dowdell) is averaging 6 yds/carry and we have 7 team rushing TDs. Not sure what more you want from the run game.

I guess since there hasn't been one guy touting the rock and hitting over 100 yards, sure. But it has been a pleasant surprise to a stable of 4 backs that you can trust.
Yeah it's hard to be upset at 170 yards a game at a nearly 5 ypc clip, especially when you consider they've had some moment where they were obviously trying to let Dylan air it out a bit - I presume to get him some confidence going forward. On top of that we had about 150 yards called back against CO or it'd look a lot better, and multiple guys have churned out big runs.

I guess since there hasn't been one guy touting the rock and hitting over 100 yards, sure. But it has been a pleasant surprise to have a stable of 4 backs that you can trust.
It's gonna take a while for our fanbase to realize how hard it is to rush for 200 yards in a game without a running QB. If we're balanced on offense and running for 5 ypc then things are going very well.

The wild thing no one talks about is the fact that we've been substituting so much through the first 3 games.

Crazy how much game experience guys are getting in the first few weeks and people are bitching like we're barely 3-0.

The best thing so far is it seems like the offense hasn’t clicked in the 2nd half and our closet win was by 18pts (even though it really wasn’t that close) That tells me that if the offense grows we can compete with anyone on our schedule. I really don’t like Satt’s play-calling but I’m hoping it is the 2nd half stuff that has jaded me and it has been bland because we have controlled every game we’ve been in. I also trust Rhule - if he’s been pleased with the games and he’s not too upset with the 2nd half performances then I think we are gonna be a top 15 program come the end of the year

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back