Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023-24 Portal Szn (51 Viewers)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I heard that Rhule talked to him and his family about taking a rs, but the kid said he wanted to play.

Sounds like it was his decision.
I understand that but I don't think the coaches should have put him in that position. Do you want to have him burn his redshirt to field a few punts or do you want to get him another year as potential starting CB that's all I'm saying.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Shopping in the high dollar aisle for QB means bargain bin for RB, guys.

Buying the good beer means you gotta go cheap on the chips with Nebraska's shopping budget.
At the end of the day we'll end up with Shapen so I'm sure we'll have some money to spare.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I hope not with Shapen.
It'll be that caliber of guy

game of thrones khaleesi GIF

HyperHusker

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
McCord isn't out of reach, the money offer is good for him. He wasn't making much at TOSU. Someone may outbid us though.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
It'll be that caliber of guy

game of thrones khaleesi GIF
When we let go of Frost I became obsessed with Aranda, wanted a coach that values defense so badly. I will say, 2 seasons ago Shapen made some incredibly timely plays to keep Baylor competitive on the season.

I am not saying he’d be perfect or ideal. He would be 100% better than what we’ve got.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
When we let go of Frost I became obsessed with Aranda, wanted a coach that values defense so badly. I will say, 2 seasons ago Shapen made some incredibly timely plays to keep Baylor competitive on the season.

I am not saying he’d be perfect or ideal. He would be 100% better than what we’ve got.
Don't think Shapen is bad, definitely better than Chubba or Haarberg (😱)

I'm just saying that I don't think we'll end up with a top-5 transfer QB at the end of the day.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
McCord probably won't be considered a top 5 transfer QB by the end of portal season.
He isn't right now anyway.

How about tiers. I don't think we're getting a Tier 1 transfer QB (Ward/Howard).

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds