Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023-24 Portal Szn (9 Viewers)

Southendzonehusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Coaches sign contracts. At a minimum, their buyout has to be paid.

We're probably rapidly approaching that scenario with the players, but without that contractual obligation, it's a bit ridiculous.
This is exactly why NIL deals are going to move in house and have more structure. With collectives it’s a back door to the Wild West. Agree these kids deserve to be paid but NIL has allowed the top dogs to pick players from other teams and created an unfair advantage

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
This is exactly why NIL deals are going to move in house and have more structure. With collectives it’s a back door to the Wild West. Agree these kids deserve to be paid but NIL has allowed the top dogs to pick players from other teams and created an unfair advantage

Then the people who have always cheated on recruiting will go back to doing it and everyone is happy.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
I feel like getting starters for FBS non power 5s and FCS studs is the best path for high floor additions instead of a 3rd string from a P5 that has little to no film or experience.
Agreed. That was my point earlier but you said it much better

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
He had some people buzzing about his potential and Vanderbilt in the preseason but I admittedly never looked into him farther than that.
he missed over half this season

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye

jim carrey disbelief GIF

wildcat_husker

Cornerback
Elite Member
what kind of stats do you expect to see from a guy playing as a freshman and sophomore for Vandy in the SEC?
I’m not really disregarding the kid’s potential. But not optimistic about it when combined with our QB coaching.

Also, I’m terrified of turnovers after this last year. Let me complain and be scared.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds