Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023-24 Portal Szn (5 Viewers)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
If Johnson is the guy, then I assume Purdy will enter the portal. Sims is gone, HH moves to TE.

So we will have:

Jr: Johnson
So: ?
Rs Fr:
F: Kaelin

Gonna have to at least 2 more QBs out of the portal after Johnson

Ironwardog

Linebacker
Elite Member
If Johnson is the guy, then I assume Purdy will enter the portal. Sims is gone, HH moves to TE.

So we will have:

Rs Fr:

Since Purdy transferred here from FSU, can he GRAD transfer without losing a year of eligibility? He has two years left I believe but does he want to transfer out if he has to sit out a year with the 2nd transfer rule? I don’t mind if he sticks around and tries to win the job but with the way this year was I think Rhule NEEDS to bring in 2 transfers at QB and tell sims and HH they can transfer out or change positions.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Who is McKewon talking about?

Forecast A few more 2024 recruits in the Signing Day stocking. At least one known transfer
arriving to Nebraska by mid-December.
I think it's just a prediction. By "known" I think he means there may be more transfers at that time, but at least one will be publicly known. I don't think it means he knows right now.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Since Purdy transferred here from FSU, can he GRAD transfer without losing a year of eligibility? He has two years left I believe but does he want to transfer out if he has to sit out a year with the 2nd transfer rule? I don’t mind if he sticks around and tries to win the job but with the way this year was I think Rhule NEEDS to bring in 2 transfers at QB and tell sims and HH they can transfer out or change positions.
I think Purdy can grad transfer out

Ironwardog

Linebacker
Elite Member
I think Purdy can grad transfer out
Good for him, I hope he sticks around because he showed potential but I’m glad that’s an option for him. That being said, Rhule CANNOT afford to risk the qb position on potential with him and Kaelin coming in. Needs to almost be a clean slate position next season with the way this year went. If he wins the starting job against a couple transfers and Kaelin then great. Not sure how his groin surgery is going to affect spring practice for him too.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

So we will have:

Rs Fr:

No one could get 3 qbs out of the portal. Even two is difficult.

People transfer to play, not sit on the bench.

Ironwardog

Linebacker
Elite Member
No one could get 3 qbs out of the portal. Even two is difficult.

People transfer to play, not sit on the bench.
If we can get only one to come in from TP then holding onto Purdy is a must just from a depth standpoint. I would LIKE to get two but you make an excellent point. He’s the only actual qb we have. HH and sims need to change positions. Both of them are really good athletes, just not QBs.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m sure we can find some bodies

After this past season, I think we should try to get at least 4 QBs on the roster. I don’t think we want HH to be one of them
I think we have to live with HH being a backup. It's going to be next to impossible to get two experienced guys in the portal. More likely we could get one experienced guy and one guy who has three years left and hasn't played much. So we need one of the three existing scholarship QBs to stay even if we get two guys, and HH is the least likely to transfer, I'd say.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds