Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2021 Husker Baseball Thread (Big 10 Champions)

Probably next to nothing.

Hope he has a degree.

20k is the most he got. He’s got a degree already. Hopefully he was able to negotiate that the Astros pay any student loans he still has.

Looking at it now, he’s gonna be 23 in October. He starting to almost be considered “old” as it pertains to prospects. So his window to make something happen is closing pretty quick. Probably not a terrible choice on his part.

Way-Too-Early Preseason Top 25 for 2022
1. Texas
2. Vanderbilt
3. Arkansas
4. Mississippi State
5. Stanford
6. Virginia
7. Florida
8. Notre Dame
9. Mississippi
10. LSU
11. Florida State
12. North Carolina State
13. Oregon State
14. Arizona
15. East Carolina
16. UC-Irvine
17. Texas Tech
18. Nebraska
19. Tennessee
20. TCU
21. Georgia
22. UCLA
23. Georgia Tech
24. Charlotte
25. Oklahoma State

=============================

18. Nebraska

Projected Key Returners:

3B Max Anderson; RP Jake Bunz; DH Cam Chick; 2B Brice Matthews; SP Shay Schanaman

Projected Key Departures:
OF Joe Acker; OF Jaxon Hallmark; SP Chance Hroch; SP Cade Povich; C Luke Roskam; RP/SS Spencer Schwellenbach; RP Cam Wynne

Projected Key Newcomers:
RHP Drew Christo (No. 151); OF Chase Mason (No. 191); RHP Mason Ornelas (Texas A&M)

The Skinny
Nebraska broke through with a Big Ten title in coach Will Bolt's second season and while there are some important roles on the mound to be filled next season the Cornhuskers have what it takes to repeat. Nebraska returns Freshman All-American Max Anderson and brings in a strong recruiting class it kept together through the MLB Draft.

Way-Too-Early Preseason Top 25 for 2022
1. Texas
2. Vanderbilt
3. Arkansas
4. Mississippi State
5. Stanford
6. Virginia
7. Florida
8. Notre Dame
9. Mississippi
10. LSU
11. Florida State
12. North Carolina State
13. Oregon State
14. Arizona
15. East Carolina
16. UC-Irvine
17. Texas Tech
18. Nebraska
19. Tennessee
20. TCU
21. Georgia
22. UCLA
23. Georgia Tech
24. Charlotte
25. Oklahoma State

=============================

18. Nebraska

Projected Key Returners:

3B Max Anderson; RP Jake Bunz; DH Cam Chick; 2B Brice Matthews; SP Shay Schanaman

Projected Key Departures:
OF Joe Acker; OF Jaxon Hallmark; SP Chance Hroch; SP Cade Povich; C Luke Roskam; RP/SS Spencer Schwellenbach; RP Cam Wynne

Projected Key Newcomers:
RHP Drew Christo (No. 151); OF Chase Mason (No. 191); RHP Mason Ornelas (Texas A&M)

The Skinny
Nebraska broke through with a Big Ten title in coach Will Bolt's second season and while there are some important roles on the mound to be filled next season the Cornhuskers have what it takes to repeat. Nebraska returns Freshman All-American Max Anderson and brings in a strong recruiting class it kept together through the MLB Draft.
Took me a minute to realize this was baseball. Was like...

gary coleman wtf GIF

20k is the most he got. He’s got a degree already. Hopefully he was able to negotiate that the Astros pay any student loans he still has.

Looking at it now, he’s gonna be 23 in October. He starting to almost be considered “old” as it pertains to prospects. So his window to make something happen is closing pretty quick. Probably not a terrible choice on his part.

They can pay for school going forward but not in retro status. Payment is negotiated by the teams and MLB and all school information must be submitted to receive payment. I had to work with the lady from MLB many times and she was awesome. Told me many ways on how to maximize the money I got.

They can pay for school going forward but not in retro status. Payment is negotiated by the teams and MLB and all school information must be submitted to receive payment. I had to work with the lady from MLB many times and she was awesome. Told me many ways on how to maximize the money I got.

Maybe that’s what I’m thinking of. I remember a baseball agent friend of mine briefly described why he would advise all of his people to sign with a college, make it one of the most expensive ones, before the draft and it had to do with negotiating tuition reimbursement.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back