Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2021 Husker Baseball Thread (Big 10 Champions)

Now 68 days...

Season 2 Reaction GIF by The Office

Somebody get me out of my baseball funk vibe I’ve got going on.

Struggling with how we live up to our pre-season rating and don’t have a let down with all the arms that we lost this past year.

I see a good, not great year, with a lot of learning involved.

Struggling with how we live up to our pre-season rating and don’t have a let down with all the arms that we lost this past year.

Can’t do it dude. I see 3rd in conference and us making a regional as a 2 or maybe even a 3 seed. Nothing like the team last year.

We had two pitchers go in the first 3 rounds. For comparison sake, there’s 20 rounds in baseball compared to 7 rounds in the NFL. So losing two pitchers to the first 3 rounds is like losing two players on the same side of the ball to the first round of the NFL draft.

Can’t do it dude. I see 3rd in conference and us making a regional as a 2 or maybe even a 3 seed. Nothing like the team last year.

We had two pitchers go in the first 3 rounds. For comparison sake, there’s 20 rounds in baseball compared to 7 rounds in the NFL. So losing two pitchers to the first 3 rounds is like losing two players on the same side of the ball to the first round of the NFL draft.
Exactly, I can’t shake the feeling. Hope I’m wrong, but you just don’t easily replace those quality arms that easily. I’m not saying they can’t catch lightning in a bottle…but seems like this year we rebuild.

We get to a regional…but it won’t be easy this year.

I have no clue what everybody else has/doesn't, but from my understanding this will be a younger team. I would bet on us starting slow and playing some good ball down the stretch. I do think they have some really talented players... but replacing CPO, Schwelly, etc... is going to take some work.

I do think this will be a top of the B1G team though

I have no clue what everybody else has/doesn't, but from my understanding this will be a younger team. I would bet on us starting slow and playing some good ball down the stretch. I do think they have some really talented players... but replacing CPO, Schwelly, etc... is going to take some work.

I do think this will be a top of the B1G team though
I do think we see our offensive production increase and agree we start slow and build/find our way by the end.

Pitching wins championships in my humble opinion and I’m hopeful young arms emerge and surprise. Top 15 ranking just has me a bit miffed.

I guess you can credit that to our coaching staff more than anything. I have no doubt they will squeeze everything they can from this group.

I tend to agree with @...TrueColors... that we are a top 3 team, make a regional, and hit our ceiling there this year. Next year…look out.

I do think we see our offensive production increase and agree we start slow and build/find our way by the end.

Pitching wins championships in my humble opinion and I’m hopeful young arms emerge and surprise. Top 15 ranking just has me a bit miffed.

I guess you can credit that to our coaching staff more than anything. I have no doubt they will squeeze everything they can from this group.

I tend to agree with Colors that we are a top 3 team, make a regional, and hit our ceiling there this year. Next year…look out.
Yeah it wouldn't surprise me if next year is the year we just deep dick these fuckers.

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me if next year is the year we just deep dick these fuckers.

I will argue back to the college World Series.

Playing a full schedule this year with midweek games should give plenty of guys plenty of opportunity for development on the mound. We are behind other conferences here because outside of our top 3 starters, nobody was getting an opportunity to start last year and learn how to pitch in certain situations.

I do expect a Will Bolt team to be able to hit though. So can we make up for some “meh” pitching performances with our ability to just rake? I could see it being that way in conference.

Playing a full schedule this year with midweek games should give plenty of guys plenty of opportunity for development on the mound. We are behind other conferences here because outside of our top 3 starters, nobody was getting an opportunity to start last year and learn how to pitch in certain situations.

I do expect a Will Bolt team to be able to hit though. So can we make up for some “meh” pitching performances with our ability to just rake? I could see it being that way in conference.
Yep, gonna have to rely on the emergence of an offensive show this year.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back