Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2021 Husker Baseball Thread (Big 10 Champions)

That's great for Cade, but I'm surprised he went ahead of Kopps. The ESPN guys gushed on him the entire series in the Regionals, and had him slated for the 1st round.

Kopps and Povich’s floors are basically the same. Kopps is a high leverage situation relief pitcher, closer at the very best. Cade’s floor is high leverage reliever, he’s left handed and his delivery will make him a nightmare for left handed bats. Plus, he absolutely could be a guy to take the ball every third day. I can see why Cade went ahead of him, but honestly I thought Kopps was a late 2nd round guy early third and I thought Cade was a 4th round guy.

Christo nor Mason were drafted in rounds 2-10, which is good for Nebraska. I was watching MLB Networks coverage to start the 2nd day of the draft and in the last two drafts there were 390 some odd picks and all but two didn't sign. Obviously they can go pro still but more than likely most teams won't be able to sign either.

Christo nor Mason were drafted in rounds 2-10, which is good for Nebraska. I was watching MLB Networks coverage to start the 2nd day of the draft and in the last two drafts there were 390 some odd picks and all but two didn't sign. Obviously they can go pro still but more than likely most teams won't be able to sign either.

I was always having trouble envisioning Mason getting taken in the first ten rounds. That’s a pretty big chance to take on a small town kid who had trouble with breaking pitches.

In my opinion, Christo was gonna be expensive for where he was likely to get drafted which scared MLB teams away. RSS will likely now say that the board overvalued him. That’s not true. He’s every bit a 6-7th round talent. The problem was always that MLB teams weren’t going to draft him there unless they were sure he was going to sign.

Kopps threw like 500 pitches his last 2 weekends. There's always quite a bit of concern about DVH arms, and what he went through at the end of the season highlights that. Povich you're projecting because he still has a lot of gas left in that frame. I think you can look at him and see a +5 still on his fastball.

Being your resident Braves fan… The Braves like Schwellenbach as a starting pitcher. They saw a college arm with basically no wear on the tires they believe he’s got three plus pitches and say they wish he’d have used his change up more but he didn’t have to because he can run it up to 99. They think there’s a lot to work with there with his change.

They believe he was a first round talent.

Cam Wynne selected by the Phillies in the 20th Round, not sure on his thoughts on signing/returning to college.

Whats 20th round get?

Likely 100k or under. Depends on how much money the Phillies have left. The first pick in the 10th round is slotted at 150k for reference.

So if he’s got two years left, he’ll still have leverage next year. If he’s got one year left, it’s tough to say. But also, many teams will draft college seniors well before their grades sometimes so they can save on slot money. Win/win for teams and prospects. My Braves did that in the 3rd round taking a college senior with the idea they’ll be able to save slot money to get everyone signed.

Texas A&M transfer pitcher

2021 (SOPHOMORE): Appeared in 18 games for the Maroon & White, including one start... logged a 3-2 record with a 5.11 ERA and 42 strikeouts in 37.0 innings of work... worked a scoreless four frames in game two against Xavier (2/20), scattering just one hit and one walk while fanning six... threw a scoreless 2.2 innings allowing just two hit while fanning five in the win over Tarleton State (2/24)... worked two scoreless frames, yield one lone hit while sitting down one batter via strikeout in the series finale win over New Mexico State (3/7)... awarded his first win of the season at Houston (3/16), for tossing 3.0 perfect frames with five strikeouts... tossed two scoreless frames, scattering one lone hit and one walk while fanning four in the midweek matchup against Sam Houston (4/6)... awarded the win over Texas Southern (4/20) in relief for tossing 2.2 scoresless innings, scattering two hits while fanning four... earned his third win of the year against Tennessee (4/24) ing game two of the doubleheader for working through 3.0 frames, yielding one run on two hits while fanning a pair of Volunteers.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back