Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2021 Husker Baseball Thread (Big 10 Champions)

Well that fucking sucks.

Yeah. But honestly, it’s best for him to get Tommy John now than in a couple of years. It is just almost viewed as a necessary thing for a lot of pitchers and around 90% recover from it. I don’t know what the timeline has been for Braves pitchers, but I’m assuming he’ll be throwing this time next year and potentially have some appearances in high A ball and then get a spring training invite for 2023 and pitch for Mississippi (AA).

The Braves knew they’d have to play the long game with Spencer as he’s really not pitched all that much and they knew he needed surgery when they took him. I just wish Spencer could have negotiated a little bit more slot money from them.

Yeah. But honestly, it’s best for him to get Tommy John now than in a couple of years. It is just almost viewed as a necessary thing for a lot of pitchers and around 90% recover from it. I don’t know what the timeline has been for Braves pitchers, but I’m assuming he’ll be throwing this time next year and potentially have some appearances in high A ball and then get a spring training invite for 2023 and pitch for Mississippi (AA).

The Braves knew they’d have to play the long game with Spencer as he’s really not pitched all that much and they knew he needed surgery when they took him. I just wish Spencer could have negotiated a little bit more slot money from them.

He probably got the best deal he could knowing he'd need surgery. You see that pretty common for teams to go under slot for "damaged goods".

He probably got the best deal he could knowing he'd need surgery. You see that pretty common for teams to go under slot for "damaged goods".

Oh exactly. And it could always be worse… he could be Kumar Rocker who’s arm is apparently shot and he’s got no money to show for it.

Frahm is class of 2022. From Elkhorn.

Frahm — pegged by Perfect Game as the No. 112 national prep prospect in the 2020 cycle and No. 1 player within the state, ahead of the likes of Max Anderson — will be a back-of-the-bullpen arm and corner outfielder for the Huskers. He canceled upcoming visits to Arizona State and Oklahoma and had other suitors interested, as well.

The youth level training in baseball in Nebraska is as good as anywhere in the midwest. From select ball coaches OR instruction from individual trainers - applying that against the level of competition the Prospects see once the kids are in High School....the level of talent development is pretty damn incredible.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back