Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Why does our pass rush suck so much wiener? (2 Viewers)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
what do Nelson and Mathis and tanner do during games do they just jerk off the whole time

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
weiner GIF

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
They'd get to the QB a lot more if we didn't play loose coverage, and/or frequently go to 3 man rushes during longer down & distances.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I dont think this is a sole reason for it by any means, but I do believe a lot of teams intentionally run more of a quick pass offense against us. I can't think of too many times that anyone has dropped back consistently and just let the play develop downfield on us. It's been a lot of quick hitters, i.e. Purdue

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
They'd get to the QB a lot more if we didn't play loose coverage, and/or frequently go to 3 man rushes during longer down & distances.
I dont think this is a sole reason for it by any means, but I do believe a lot of teams intentionally run more of a quick pass offense against us. I can't think of too many times that anyone has dropped back consistently and just let the play develop downfield on us. It's been a lot of quick hitters, i.e. Purdue
Are you guys sayin that’s it’s not a jerkin issue?

it has nothing to do with are guys jerkin off all the time?

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Are you guys sayin that’s it’s not a jerkin issue?

it has nothing to do with are guys jerkin off all the time?
I spose that is more likely. It certainly affected all of our careers.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
what do Nelson and Mathis and tanner do during games do they just jerk off the whole time

We don't stop the run... When you are balanced as an offense you keep the pass rush at home easier. When they can pin their ears back it isn't good... When they have to worry about their run responsibilities first then rush that hurts the rush.

Think about our OL. They suck, but if we ran the ball better we would be a better pass pro team.

Also, look at when most of their pressures come.... I don't have any data, but I bet they come mostly in the 4th quarter when teams are throwing it more becoming more 1 dimensional. Maybe PFF has some data on this (@Jim14510)

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Our interior D Line is not good. They need to be able to clog the middle and slow a rushing attack.

Our D Ends play multiple too much, flexing out in coverage too much. They are not "hands in the dirt", really ever that I can remember. So they aren't pinning their ears back rushing the passer. Not saying our D Ends are very good either, but they would be better more often with a hand in the dirt bringing pressure.

Our whole scheme based on flexing DE's and OLB's out in coverage so much creates too many responsibilities and assignments to achieve properly IMO. Plus, any DE/OLB in coverage is usually at a mismatch disadvantage trying to cover in space a usually smaller, faster guy. Too many hats to wear for some of these guys IMHO.

I would rather live and die with consistent true ears folded back pressure schemes if being honest. If we are going to go man to man with our corners anyway, you gotta be bringing pressure with a front 4. Trying to use only a 3 man rush is insane TBH. Talk about no chance to get pressure. If we had studs on the D Line and could get some pressure at times with a 3 man rush, then that opens up being able to do that here and there. But even then, I rarely like a 3 man rush, period.

Let guys pin their ears back, DE's stance hands in the dirt, not upright trying to play multiple and already at a leverage disadvantage. Bring heat consistently, live and die by it, if not we will just die by being nickle and dimed down the field, and with our guys too often being out of position and alligator arming to missed tackles, it just doesn't work well. Let kids play attacking and physical - that is football at the end of the day.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Wiener sucking really would put a crimp on our pass rush. I hadn't thought of that angle. I will say with 100% certainty that I've never seen someone suck wiener and simultaneously sack the quarterback. There must be a connection.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
We don't stop the run... When you are balanced as an offense you keep the pass rush at home easier. When they can pin their ears back it isn't good... When they have to worry about their run responsibilities first then rush that hurts the rush.

Think about our OL. They suck, but if we ran the ball better we would be a better pass pro team.

Also, look at when most of their pressures come.... I don't have any data, but I bet they come mostly in the 4th quarter when teams are throwing it more becoming more 1 dimensional. Maybe PFF has some data on this (@Jim14510)
I'll put something together tomorrow.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Hard to recruit high end pass rushing talent to Lincoln given all our obstacles. Shame the university isn't in Ames, West Lafayette, Cockeye City, Manhattan, Lawrence, Columbia, champaign Urbana, Minneapolis, Madison, etc. where they can overcome those limitations

Copy paste this for every excuse at every position

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds