Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

How long does Matty R. get a free pass from the local media like Scott did? (1 Viewer)

YankeesJunkie

Linebacker
He probably gets a free pass Year 1 regardless, but if he is not winning 8 games or so Year 2 I can see the media being harder on him than they were on Frost because he is not buddy buddy with the entire state. However, Rhule has this whole competence thing going for him unlike Scott did.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Depends if the TO/Pillen/TC group supports him publicly and behind the scenes. If they are supportive then he should get at least til the end of the 2nd season before we can truly start to get an idea of what type of coach he will be for us. I use to think that coaches needed at least 3-4 years to turn a struggling program around. But now with the Transfer Portal I feel like that can be cut down by a year or 2.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
I wasn’t getting great vibes from TO from the OWH article today. TO won’t even be at the press conference.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
He’ll be looking down from the heavens above..
Rest In Peace Fun GIF by Barstool Sports

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I wasn’t getting great vibes from TO from the OWH article today. TO won’t even be at the press conference.
Fuck him. He's probably still trying to figure out how it is that Turd turned traitor and just when Turd cut the puppet strings. The real question going forward is can Turd keep that motherfucker and his sycophantic minions from undermining and sabotaging Rhule. Trust me the first fight was won with Rhule getting hired, but no way the war is won.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
Yeah I read that he has prior "appointments".

Not sure if intentional or not, to miss the press conference, but maybe it's a wise move by TO to stay away. Would have been nice to see him attend though.

huskershibe

Linebacker
Well some former players are already pissing themselves about the hire...so that's guaranteed clickbait fodder for when anything doesn't go perfectly. The great sports writers of Nebraska will use the excuse of "people got mad at us for not reporting on Frost's issues" to throw shade early and often.

They're shameless and don't care. As long as they can pimp old memories with the TC for a few bucks...

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds