Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Who is Benning talking about? (1 Viewer)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
The following is copied and pasted from 247. I assume Omar Manning is one of the guys, but who else?

"consistency in discipline and keep the day to day drama off the field. A lot guys go through a lot of things. But football is a privilege. So is being at the university of Nebraska and if people and players don't understand those two things then get your [butt] out of here. Stop with the half in, half out, I'm here today. I'm not gonna be here tomorrow. I'm in my feelings. I can't do this. And we're okay with it because we feel like those guys are holding us hostage. Get their [butts] out of here. It's not for everybody. It's a tough sport. Played by tough people. And the compromising that goes on with the whole "Days of our Lives Stuff" has to stop. It manifests itself on Saturdays and it permeates ill-will. Put your foot down. And go to work. They're either with you or they're not. If folks need sidebar assistance... take all the time they need some place else that doesn't happen during practice or in games and do what you need to do. There's probably 5 or 6 of those guys... listen... if you're not helping you're hurting. If you're not coaching it you're allowing it. Cryptic or not. Be pissed or not. That has to happen."

Sharp - "that's why I said there's gonna be some guys that are uncomfortable."

Benning - "well they need to be. It's a privilege to be there."

Jay Bilzerian

Safety
Elite Member
This is when Benning shines. When everyone is looking for info and nobody can confirm his made up bullshit.

All he’s good at is meddling in high school football and getting state champs in trouble for something petty
Nobody does it quite like Big Dame

doublewing

Running Back
LOL. That paragraph is a classic Benningism: a bunch of platitudes, lack of brevity, and flirting with provocative statements but stopping short of spelling it out.

It's better than listening to it as he lowers his volume to a whisper for half of it.

Last edited:

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
I like how he went on a rant about guys that “whisper in the hallway” but he’s that guy

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I like how he went on a rant about guys that “whisper in the hallway” but he’s that guy
I can’t listen to him. I get nothing out of his show. He is always ambiguous. Just come out and say it and quit beating around the bush.

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
I can’t listen to him. I get nothing out of his show. He is always ambiguous. Just come out and say it and quit beating around the bush.
It’s super annoying when he gets this way
He won’t “go there” in the moment but says “I told u so” after
I’m always like “hey dipshit u didn’t say anything beating around the bush”
I have a buddy like this who is the same way

Last edited:

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s super annoying when he gets this way
He won’t “go there” in the moment but says “I told u so” after
I’m always like “hey dipshit u didn’t say anything beating around the bush”
I have a buddy like this who is the same way
I
I never got the love for him. Hell I liked Severe more than him. Atleast he blurted out an opinion.

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
It's better than listening to it as he lower his volume to a whisper for half of it.
This is Honestly why I stopped listening. He will start out out at a normal volume and slowing talk softer and softer as his statement goes on and by the time he’s saying anything of substance (which is rare anyway) you can’t even hear him

Also listening to him ask questions is excruciating. He’ll ask the most long winded, complicated questions. By the time he’s done asking it he answered his own question, and usually the guest has no idea how to respond or what he’s talking about.

Eloot224

Running Back
Elite Member
This is Honestly why I stopped listening. He will start out out at a normal volume and slowing talk softer and softer as his statement goes on and by the time he’s saying anything of substance (which is rare anyway) you can’t even hear him

Also listening to him ask questions is excruciating. He’ll ask the most long winded, complicated questions. By the time he’s done asking it he answered his own question, and usually the guest has no idea how to respond or what he’s talking about.
The volume thing is fucking brutal. It absolutely triggers me.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds