Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Benning visit? (3 Viewers)

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
His attitude didn't seem different in the segment I mentioned this morning?

Seemed real caught up in fan perception of offers and measurables.

Handn't noticed it like that before this morning.

I like Damon and know he's a Rhule-aid drinker. My post wasn't making any connection between DB and Neb staff.
He's definitely getting a bit fed up with the fan reactions to recruits in general. I think he just really feels for the kids who see the comments people make about them, but people never think about before saying it. Young people today are facing a major mental health crisis and social media is a large reason why.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Wouldn't be surprised if a couple of those dudes grew into LBs (Guthrie seems like he's on that path)
Agree. With us using more DB's at a time, adding in rovers and hybrid linebackers and such it makes sense. But it still seems odd of have almost half your class at one position.

GAHusker

Cornerback
Agree, we will and should oversign. But it does strike me a bit odd that we seem to be doing all our over signing at one position. Another DB would give us eight defensive backs.
Yeah, the comment doesn’t necessarily make sense, but that’s @BIG TONE SOPRANO . Even with over signing there is still a limit, and it seems like defensive back is currently the position that is the closest to being full

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Agree. With us using more DB's at a time, adding in rovers and hybrid linebackers and such it makes sense. But it still seems odd of have almost half your class at one position.
For sure, esp since the roster is a little too DB heavy as is. I would just guess that CB has a spot almost no matter what at this stage.

doublewing

Running Back
I listen to his show every day as well and he’s definitely not butt hurt about it. He said the other day that he basically told his son “this staffs not budging so be prepared to accept the consequences of going about your recruitment this way”

I think a lot of people don’t like Damon because they have simple brains, don’t understand nuance and don’t know how to read between the lines. If you listen to his show regularly you’ll know that he’s as big of a rhule fanboy as there is but he’s trying to be measured and impartial about it.
Good post. I think Damon is a good dude and l don't question his love for NU.

If I were to advise Damon on one thing, it would be to get off the message boards. Being a parent of a recruit exposes you to some ugly shit with the worst fans. The stalking and shit posting when it comes to teenagers is fucking weird to me and cannot imagine how it is for a parent helping your kid through this.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman

If I were to advise Damon on one thing, it would be to get off the message boards. Being a parent of a recruit exposes you to some ugly shit with the worst fans. The stalking and shit posting when it comes to teenagers is fucking weird to me and cannot imagine how it is for a parent helping your kid through this.
Unfortunately there's no way he can escape it. He's an assistant football coach in the metro and so he hears what people say about the kids all the time straight from the kids.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter

It’s a double-edged sword. As a recruit, it gets you more exposure for NIL, but if you or the team do not produce, you’re likely to face the negative repercussions of it on social media.

But it happens everywhere.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I'm 32 and my brother is 23. I grew up rewatching recordings of the national championships when I was bored and he really doesn't care about Nebraska football at all.
F0Tv.gif

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I listen to his show every day as well and he’s definitely not butt hurt about it. He said the other day that he basically told his son “this staffs not budging so be prepared to accept the consequences of going about your recruitment this way”

I think a lot of people don’t like Damon because they have simple brains, don’t understand nuance and don’t know how to read between the lines. If you listen to his show regularly you’ll know that he’s as big of a rhule fanboy as there is but he’s trying to be measured and impartial about it.
I don’t like Damon the radio personality cuz nuance is only needed since he’s caught between his on air job & being the former player.

It’s bad radio when about 75% of the time your talking opinions/hypotheticals & Damon is doing his best not to step on toes so a good chunk of his husker stuff is bs & the nuance is the rare times he’s being honest. A 3 hour show and maybe a 10 minute segment with Schaefer where there’s actual truth.

He’d be great to listen to if he didn’t cling to the program & just let the beat writers, who I think like DB, feed him Intel & he brings the gossip to the desperate fish bowl. His big red overreaction rants are the one thing I’ve enjoyed from him.

doublewing

Running Back
Unfortunately there's no way he can escape it. He's an assistant football coach in the metro and so he hears what people say about the kids all the time straight from the kids.
I’m speaking specifically of the message boards, which he can easily escape and where the stalkiest of stalkers come and do their thing. Not an issue here, but RSS for sure.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
I’m speaking specifically of the message boards, which he can easily escape and where the stalkiest of stalkers come and do their thing. Not an issue here, but RSS for sure.
To a point, Twitter is just as bad sometimes.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t like Damon the radio personality cuz nuance is only needed since he’s caught between his on air job & being the former player.

It’s bad radio when about 75% of the time your talking opinions/hypotheticals & Damon is doing his best not to step on toes so a good chunk of his husker stuff is bs & the nuance is the rare times he’s being honest. A 3 hour show and maybe a 10 minute segment with Schaefer where there’s actual truth.

He’d be great to listen to if he didn’t cling to the program & just let the beat writers, who I think like DB, feed him Intel & he brings the gossip to the desperate fish bowl. His big red overreaction rants are the one thing I’ve enjoyed from him.
It's a fair critique, albeit a little tough for him to avoid given how involved he is with NU.

I know people bitch about how cryptic he can be but I think he provides a lot of insight despite a lack of specifics. IMO the specifics aren't really necessary to understand what he's talking about a lot of the time. Selfishly, I just want all the tea.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
It's a fair critique, albeit a little tough for him to avoid given how involved he is with NU.

I know people bitch about how cryptic he can be but I think he provides a lot of insight despite a lack of specifics. IMO the specifics aren't really necessary to understand what he's talking about a lot of the time. Selfishly, I just want all the tea.
DBs roles conflict with each other, it’s like Jay Glazer being the nfl insider while trying to be Stephen A Smith giving opinions. Separating the two creates better content then the insiders can inform while the on air guys have an authentic reaction but obviously enough fans like how it is that he’s making money.

I haven’t listened to the podcast so maybe that format is better for him.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds