Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What in the flying F**k are we doing at the qb position. (2 Viewers)

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
Average qb play and recruiting right now has me scratching my head. Come on Mario!
john travolta bolo tie GIF

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
the plan:

1. Pray your incredibly mediocre, turnover prone, injury prone qb improves, learns to take care of the ball, and stays healthy throughout the 2021 season.
2. Pray your untested, inexperienced, backups develop.
3. Don't recruit anyone else.
4. Victory.
This sounds like a cards against humanity card.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
It appears regularly missing on top targets and then falling back to project QBs who Verduzco can't develop

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
I've got

QB
Edge
RB
And then top end talent at all positions as my areas of concerns
When looking at the RB transfers the staff has brought in previously and now - Bell, Washington, Mills, Stepp - and then the cluster fuck of average running backs we have currently, I’m not sure how it’s really acceptable

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
the plan:

1. Pray your incredibly mediocre, turnover prone, injury prone qb improves, learns to take care of the ball, and stays healthy throughout the 2021 season.
2. Pray your untested, inexperienced, backups develop.
3. Don't recruit anyone else.
4. Victory.

I think I’m just as concerned with our RB room and recruiting

I've got

QB
Edge
RB
And then top end talent at all positions as my areas of concerns
giphy.gif

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
When looking at the RB transfers the staff has brought in previously and now - Bell, Washington, Mills, Stepp - and then the cluster fuck of average running backs we have currently, I’m not sure how it’s really acceptable
I'll wait til after this year to make my final judgement but I think we've made our RB talent look much more average than it actually is.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
If Adrian doesn’t come back for 2022 I’ll be concerned. Really need to hit the portal at that time. Neither Smothers or HH will be ready to go for 22. If you could get a one year stop gap type of guy it would be perfect.
Just me but I feel that's really poor coaching by Verdu if neither HH or Logan is atleast serviceable, by 2022.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I remember hating it when it happened, but how different would have these last 3 years been if Frost brought Burrow home and then had Adrian learn behind him for a bit before taking the reigns?

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just me but I feel that's really poor coaching by Verdu if neither HH or Logan is atleast serviceable, by 2022.
Smothers will be in the program three years by then. If he isn’t ready to play by then it’s probably time to transfer. I’m not expecting McKenzie Milton, but like you said atleast serviceable.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
After making the mistake of not offering Burrow , and then to turn around and not even try (to my knowledge) to get McKenzie Milton.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds