Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking We have our coach! (2 Viewers)

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Donald Trump GIF

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Peterson or Kiffen please. I, and likely almost everyone else, prefers Kiffen I think.

But Peterson would not be a bad choice. Really like the guy, he's an excellent coach, very experienced and would fit the list that Turd gave in his presser for what we are looking for in our next HC.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I don’t want a coach who hasn’t coached in 3 years. Give me Kiffin or Rhule. If they say no, Mickey gets the job.

Maybe the time off helped Peterson. He's a very good coach. Sometimes time off and a reset is in need in life. He checks all the boxes that Turd listed, is available now, making the hire/announcement sooner and easier. A guy currently employed and coaching somewhere means having to wait for a month and a half or so to announce most likely.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I don’t want a coach who hasn’t coached in 3 years. Give me Kiffin or Rhule. If they say no, Mickey gets the job.
I agree with you in that I have Rhule and Kiffin above Peterson, but that doesn't mean that it's them or bust. I'd be okay with Mickey if the rest of our top coaches say no, but that list is certainly bigger than Rhule and Lane Train.

I'm a pathetic loser and organized my list of coaches this morning (I actually did it for an office bet...but it still feels pretty pathetic..). These are the coaches I have in front of Mickey that would have to tell me no first:

1. Urban (Don't think he is a legitimate candidate)
2. Rhule
3. Kiffin
4. Peterson
5. Gundy
6. #2ndChoice (Don't think he is a legitimate candidate)
7. Freeze
8. Mark Stoops
9. Aranda
10. Mendenhall
11. O'Brien

And I'd likely want to interview Doeren, Malzahn and Mullen before handing it over to Mickey too.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds