Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Who is the hidden coach? (1 Viewer)

Walter Sobchak

Master of smoking meats and trees
Elite Member
Do all college teams do this? Seems like an incredible waste of money and resources lol
I believe so. The reasoning is to keep the team focused and together the night before games, so none of them are out getting into trouble. They got security on each floor and do room checks. Fun fact, recruits used to stay there as well. The night of zavier betts official visit (friday night) he got carried in and dropped off at his room drunk as fuck after partying to the point he couldn't walk was entertaining to say the least.

Scott Hall

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
I believe so. The reasoning is to keep the team focused and together the night before games, so none of them are out getting into trouble. They got security on each floor and do room checks. Fun fact, recruits used to stay there as well. The night of zavier betts official visit (friday night) he got carried in and dropped off at his room drunk as fuck after partying to the point he couldn't walk was entertaining to say the least.
Was it like this during the Riley and frost years? I used to be a regular at the horseshoe playing poker and I’d always see Dylan utter, Brandon Reilly, and one other guy that played (maybe Nate Gerry but can’t remember for sure) there super late on Fridays before games. I thought it was really weird since I knew they stayed at the Cornhusker and assumed they had room checks but apparently not.

Walter Sobchak

Master of smoking meats and trees
Elite Member
Was it like this during the Riley and frost years? I used to be a regular at the horseshoe playing poker and I’d always see Dylan utter, Brandon Reilly, and one other guy that played (maybe Nate Gerry but can’t remember for sure) there super late on Fridays before games. I thought it was really weird since I knew they stayed at the Cornhusker and assumed they had room checks but apparently not.
I was chef during the frost years, was lead prep cook during Rileys last year and didn't really see much as they kept us fucking busy at all times, so just during the frost era. I'd imagine Riley let them do as they wanted per his normal policy of letting the team police itself

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds