Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Way Too Early Coaching Carousel Predictions (1 Viewer)

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
One of my favorite things in College Football is the Coaching Carousel. I love it. It energizes me. It brings me life.

This year I'd like to have a post where we predict the fillings of open holes (nice) around the country. We will change predictions as things shift and other openings come up. I'll add to the post as more holes present themselves. If you boys want to get deep in the weeds and start predicting Coordinator hole fillings - I'm game, just say so. But I will start off with HC Vacancies:

Fallen Dominos with my Prediction of Next Up:

NORTHWESTERN
: David Braun stays
MICHIGAN ST: Lance Leipold (Kansas) goes back North
BOISE ST: Ryan Grubb (UW OC) - Does Brian Harsin come back? It's been discussed for some time now. A Chris Peterson rumor will definitely start
SAN DIEGO ST: TONY WHITE (Nebraska DC) (fuck) - Arnett has SDSU ties as well, so dear GOD I hope he beats out White for the job
TEXAS A&M: Mike Elko (Duke)
MISSISSIPPI ST: Jon Summral (Troy) OR Rhett Lashley (SMU) - They will call Mullen but TV is too easy and he's good at it. They will try for Leipold and Elko but whiff

NEBRASKA D COORDINATOR: Zach Arnett (I doubt it - but I'd love it)

Some names we all know and some I tend to forget about that will be in the pool: Manny Diaz, Glenn Schumann has to go somewhere soon, Willie Fritz (to Kansas if Leipold jumps ship), does Jamey Chadwell leave after 1 year at Liberty, Sean Lewis has to HATE life at Colorado right now, Jeff Traylor HAS to get a big job sometime (and honestly think he'd be the best fit A$M could get) ... there are others, but I should get back to work.

FOR THE RECORD: I don't see Lanning leaving Oregon - he truly seems to love it there, and moving into the B1G. He reiterates over and over he loves it there, and I believe him. I don't see DeBoer jumping anywhere either, same reasoning. I don't know what to do with Drinkwitz - I think leaving a big time (I know its Mizzou, but he's 1 of 14 SEC head coaches in the world...) job for greener pastures when you get it rolling rarely works out well for guys (Mullen, Houston Nutt, Ron Zook, Willingham, Taggart (x2), there are more...)

Last edited:

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I heard that MSU might just give Harlon the job. Him and the AD are pretty close and have been since they were teammates in the late 80s
I wouldn't doubt them doing it - but I just don't know how in the hell you look at the rest of the conference of coaches and say "imma just give this job to my buddy"

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I wouldn't doubt them doing it - but I just don't know how in the hell you look at the rest of the conference of coaches and say "imma just give this job to my buddy"
That was my reaction too. But that was a few weeks ago. I bet after the nonsuccess hes having it wouldnt be hard to say sorry but no thanks

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
NORTHWESTERN: David Braun, Northwestern
MICHIGAN ST: Ryan Grubb, Washington
BOISE ST: Brent Vigen, Montana State
SAN DIEGO ST: Sean Lewis, Colorado
TEXAS A&M: Lane Kiffin
MISSISSIPPI ST: Summrall

Not open yet but will:
Ole Miss
Troy
Baylor
Arkansas
New Mexico
Nevada
San Jose State
Akron (Moorhead back in P5 as OC)
Rice

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Initial reports make it sound like SDSU will skew offense with their HC hire. Obviously doesn't mean White won't ultimately be the guy, but right now he seems like he may not be what they're looking for.
The best two obvious choices if they value past ties are White and Arnett - both DCs. That's an interesting turn of events!

Grubb has to shoot up that list with your info. Boise or SDSU would be fantastic first HC jobs for a promising coordinator.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
NORTHWESTERN: David Braun, Northwestern
MICHIGAN ST: Ryan Grubb, Washington
BOISE ST: Brent Vigen, Montana State
SAN DIEGO ST: Sean Lewis, Colorado
TEXAS A&M: Lane Kiffin
MISSISSIPPI ST: Summrall

Not open yet but will:
Ole Miss
Troy
Baylor
Arkansas
New Mexico
Nevada
San Jose State
Akron (Moorhead back in P5 as OC)
Rice
KIFFIN TO A$M?! Interesting. I'd have to think top tier guys look at A$M as a fucked scenario. To have the NIL and recruiting support they do, but never figure it out has to be a red flag to anyone currently sitting in a good position. Grubb to Michigan St is interesting. No HC experience to P5 HC is a big jump that some make work well. He's one that I think could do it well.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
KIFFIN TO A$M?! Interesting. I'd have to think top tier guys look at A$M as a fucked scenario. To have the NIL and recruiting support they do, but never figure it out has to be a red flag to anyone currently sitting in a good position. Grubb to Michigan St is interesting. No HC experience to P5 HC is a big jump that some make work well. He's one that I think could do it well.

You don't spend $70mil to fire without either bringing in Kiffin or Elko (who boosters there were bigger fans of than Jimbo)

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
One of my favorite things in College Football is the Coaching Carousel. I love it. It energizes me. It brings me life.

This year I'd like to have a post where we predict the fillings of open holes (nice) around the country. We will change predictions as things shift and other openings come up. I'll add to the post as more holes present themselves. If you boys want to get deep in the weeds and start predicting Coordinator hole fillings - I'm game, just say so. But I will start off with HC Vacancies:

Fallen Dominos with my Prediction of Next Up:

NORTHWESTERN
: David Braun stays
MICHIGAN ST: Lance Leipold (Kansas) goes back North
BOISE ST: Ryan Grubb (UW OC) - Does Brian Harsin come back? It's been discussed for some time now. A Chris Peterson rumor will definitely start
SAN DIEGO ST: TONY WHITE (Nebraska DC) (fuck) - Arnett has SDSU ties as well, so dear GOD I hope he beats out White for the job
TEXAS A&M: Mike Elko (Duke)
MISSISSIPPI ST: Jon Summral (Troy) OR Rhett Lashley (SMU) - They will call Mullen but TV is too easy and he's good at it. They will try for Leipold and Elko but whiff

NEBRASKA D COORDINATOR: Zach Arnett (I doubt it - but I'd love it)

Some names we all know and some I tend to forget about that will be in the pool: Manny Diaz, Glenn Schumann has to go somewhere soon, Willie Fritz (to Kansas if Leipold jumps ship), does Jamey Chadwell leave after 1 year at Liberty, Sean Lewis has to HATE life at Colorado right now, Jeff Traylor HAS to get a big job sometime (and honestly think he'd be the best fit A$M could get) ... there are others, but I should get back to work.

FOR THE RECORD: I don't see Lanning leaving Oregon - he truly seems to love it there, and moving into the B1G. He reiterates over and over he loves it there, and I believe him. I don't see DeBoer jumping anywhere either, same reasoning. I don't know what to do with Drinkwitz - I think leaving a big time (I know its Mizzou, but he's 1 of 14 SEC head coaches in the world...) job for greener pastures when you get it rolling rarely works out well for guys (Mullen, Houston Nutt, Ron Zook, Willingham, Taggart (x2), there are more...)
If Grubb leaves, DeBoer would be an idiot not to leave and get paid.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
You don't spend $70mil to fire without either bringing in Kiffin or Elko (who boosters there were bigger fans of than Jimbo)
Elko and Kiffin are in different stratosphere’s - sitting SEC proven coach who people fear VS Dukes HC of 2 years who’s impressive but doing it primarily against ACC lower tier talent?

I agree. Gotta go get someone. I just don’t think any proven prestige guy wants to go to a fucked organization, even if the money is big time. Unless they are done after the A$M stop and it’s nothing more than a retirement plan.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Looks like Chadwell is getting a look from Mississippi State:

F-6o96vaoAA1xNK

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds