Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Way too early top 25 poll (1 Viewer)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Northwerstern (Ireland)
North Dakota
Georgia Southern
OU
@Rutgers
Indiana
Bye
@Michigan
Minnesota
Bye
@Wisconsin
Purdue
Illinois
@Cockeye

Looking at this schedule I'd be surprised if Nebraska gives up a touchdown next year.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Seriously though impossible to predict what Nebraska's offense will look like. Impossible to predict their special teams. I don't think replacing a lot of the players on defense (minus Domann) is as big of a deal but they are replacing some guys over there so unpredictable.

Also impossible to predict if Frost is going to shoot from the hip when it comes to game time decisions or actually use some sort of base of analytics. We'll see.

But looking at that schedule, the bye weeks are in really good spots, only 4 true road games. GA Southern - new coach, OU - new coach. Only playing 1 team that is way more talented (Michigan) and 1 team that is more talented (Wisconsin) but the rest of the games the talent is pretty even or Nebraska's is even better.

Some other notable things about the schedule:
  • Wisconsin is also coming off of a bye when they meet Nebraska. (No doubt Alvarez has some serious pull in their scheduling. They still don't have OSU and Michigan on their regular season schedule. The last time they played Michigan and OSU in the regular season...2016)
  • Cockeye is at home vs Wisconsin the week before Nebraska. So they will be on their 2nd straight home game.
  • Michigan is at home vs Penn State the week before Nebraska. So they will be on their 2nd straight home game but they will be playing their 7th game in a row and go to Michigan St the next week. So Nebraska is a sandwich game between 2 possibly big games for Michigan.
  • Minnesota will be on their last leg before their only bye week. So their 8th straight game and on the road for them.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Northwerstern (Ireland)
North Dakota
Georgia Southern
OU
@Rutgers
Indiana
Bye
@Michigan
Minnesota
Bye
@Wisconsin
Purdue
Illinois
@Cockeyes

Looking at this schedule I'd be surprised if Nebraska gives up a touchdown next year.
Northwerstern (Ireland)
North Dakota
Georgia Southern
OU
@Rutgers
Indiana

Bye
@Michigan
Minnesota

Bye
@Wisconsin
Purdue
Illinois
@Cockeyes

Red - First 6 games are huge. You will likely know how the season will go based on this. Can they beat the teams they should?

Need to beat Minnesota.

Take care of business on Purdue and Illinois. Cockeye should be better considering they are getting a few guys to come back and were young last year. I have no clue on Wisconsin, but have a hard time to believe they are different than what they have been. Purdue should be a step back to that 5/6 win area I imagine losing 2 dudes at WR and DE.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Seriously though impossible to predict what Nebraska's offense will look like. Impossible to predict their special teams. I don't think replacing a lot of the players on defense (minus Domann) is as big of a deal but they are replacing some guys over there so unpredictable.

Also impossible to predict if Frost is going to shoot from the hip when it comes to game time decisions or actually use some sort of base of analytics. We'll see.

But looking at that schedule, the bye weeks are in really good spots, only 4 true road games. GA Southern - new coach, OU - new coach. Only playing 1 team that is way more talented (Michigan) and 1 team that is more talented (Wisconsin) but the rest of the games the talent is pretty even or Nebraska's is even better.

Some other notable things about the schedule:
  • Wisconsin is also coming off of a bye when they meet Nebraska. (No doubt Alvarez has some serious pull in their scheduling. They still don't have OSU and Michigan on their regular season schedule. The last time they played Michigan and OSU in the regular season...2016)
  • Cockeyes is at home vs Wisconsin the week before Nebraska. So they will be on their 2nd straight home game.
  • Michigan is at home vs Penn State the week before Nebraska. So they will be on their 2nd straight home game but they will be playing their 7th game in a row and go to Michigan St the next week. So Nebraska is a sandwich game between 2 possibly big games for Michigan.
  • Minnesota will be on their last leg before their only bye week. So their 8th straight game and on the road for them.
Jojo will be tough if they try to replace him. Do they try to replace or do they change to trying to match personnel more? Jojo is a 230 lbs OLB/Nickel. Those don't grow on trees. I think they have a similar conversation with Daniels in the middle. It wouldn't surprise me to see some more even front that leans on Ty, Casey and your more veteran edge pieces vs a RS Soph in Nash (who I really like).

You go full money ball on the defense too..

1641917357091.png

I think Offense is going to make throw the ball guy really happy(@God is a Husker). Your strength is at WR/TE. Whipple has been a 60/40 pass guy when the game is on the line. Now when he needs to run the ball Pitt was able to run it last year. In the 2nd half Pitt ran the ball 60% of the time.

I think it is safe to bet Special teams will move from at least fucking awful to average. Between Busch, an FCS AA punter, a good FCS kicker, a 5* kicker, a good punt returner in Harzog and Palmer to go along with Frankie. If we don't get to at least average I am just going to quit watching Nebraska.

Good points on the schedule

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Jojo will be tough if they try to replace him. Do they try to replace or do they change to trying to match personnel more? Jojo is a 230 lbs OLB/Nickel. Those don't grow on trees. I think they have a similar conversation with Daniels in the middle. It wouldn't surprise me to see some more even front that leans on Ty, Casey and your more veteran edge pieces vs a RS Soph in Nash (who I really like).

View attachment 6603

I think Offense is going to make throw the ball guy really happy(@God is a Husker). Your strength is at WR/TE. Whipple has been a 60/40 pass guy when the game is on the line. Now when he needs to run the ball Pitt was able to run it last year. In the 2nd half Pitt ran the ball 60% of the time.

I think it is safe to bet Special teams will move from at least fucking awful to average. Between Busch, an FCS AA punter, a good FCS kicker, a 5* kicker, a good punt returner in Harzog and Palmer to go along with Frankie. If we don't get to at least average I am just going to quit watching Nebraska.

All run the ball joking aside, I’d like to see the rushing yards & attempts for Pitt 1H all games but only 2H of the games Pitt wasn’t just trying to run out the clock. (Cuz like you said, IDGAF if Pitt is trying to salt the game away and running the ball every play, totally skews the curve)

I’d also like to hear from @slattimer if he thinks Whipple actually runs the ball for a reason and not just a random run play to say they ran the ball/get the rushing attempts up to look even on the stats/analytics.
(like Riley did and Frost has occasionally done)

Example: random 1 off run plays (usually an option or a play involving a TE pretending to be a FB) the plays don’t set up anything and we obviously rarely practice cuz it’s run so fucking poorly it usually gains 0/takes a loss. Then it’s like 2nd or 3rd and long and our only hope is to hit a 20+ yard chunk pass play. I’m not crazy, I don’t want to run the service academy offense. I just want run plays to actually be run/blocked correctly and the play is called for a reason. (Like to set up play action or a counter)

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member

View attachment 6603

Giff will be serviceable at JoJo spot. Replacing DD will be much tougher.

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
Northwerstern (Ireland)
North Dakota
Georgia Southern
OU
@Rutgers
Indiana
Bye
@Michigan
Minnesota
Bye
@Wisconsin
Purdue
Illinois
@Cockeyes

I believe the Wisconsin game will end up being a home game and the Purdue game away, at least that is at least the thought when the revised schedules come out (we played at Wisconsin and home against Purdue last year too). Not sure if there will have to be other adjustments made as well.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds