Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

USMNT (3 Viewers)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Can we talk about the referee blowing the whistle and giving a caution and before he’s even put the card away allowing Uruguay to play and signaling for advantage?

The offside decision was bad. But that might have been the worst thing I’ve ever seen as a former ref, player, and coach.

Mechanically, if you’ve chosen to book the player for a careless foul you can’t allow a quick restart. Next, when you signal for advantage (done with palms up with arms raised above head) you’re indicating 1) there was a foul and 2) play hasn’t stopped and you aren’t intending to stop it at this point. So when you whistled for a foul you’ve lost the ability to play the advantage.

Again, the offsides call was terrible. But had this resulted in a goal it would have been the worst disgrace to this game I’ve ever seen at every level. Whether you’re a ref, coach, or player.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
Can we talk about the referee blowing the whistle and giving a caution and before he’s even put the card away allowing Uruguay to play and signaling for advantage?

The offside decision was bad. But that might have been the worst thing I’ve ever seen as a former ref, player, and coach.

Mechanically, if you’ve chosen to book the player for a careless foul you can’t allow a quick restart. Next, when you signal for advantage (done with palms up with arms raised above head) you’re indicating 1) there was a foul and 2) play hasn’t stopped and you aren’t intending to stop it at this point. So when you whistled for a foul you’ve lost the ability to play the advantage.

Again, the offsides call was terrible. But had this resulted in a goal it would have been the worst disgrace to this game I’ve ever seen at every level. Whether you’re a ref, coach, or player.
It was so bad. And then he’s a bitch after the match and refuses to shake Pulisics hand

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
It’s thin right now. Someone needs to step up. I like Tim but if he’s here In 26 we are in deep shit.

Turner has to be the guy who starts this. He’s got to spend a little more time getting to know those guys but also understanding what we’re trying to do with our defensive shape. The goal we conceited to Panama started about ten passes before and Turned has to be the one to get his guys to manipulate that attack so it doesn’t ever get to the point it did.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
It was so bad. And then he’s a bitch after the match and refuses to shake Pulisics hand

My mother has been an admin of various soccer organizations for 30 years and she’s also been a referee, a referee assigner, and an assessor for refs to get moved up to higher level games. Shes annoyingly loyal to refs across every sport and always has their back. Tonight I’ve never seen her so mad at an officiating crew. She said she’ll use a lot of these clips in her continuing education and certification classes.

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
My mother has been an admin of various soccer organizations for 30 years and she’s also been a referee, a referee assigner, and an assessor for refs to get moved up to higher level games. Shes annoyingly loyal to refs across every sport and always has their back. Tonight I’ve never seen her so mad at an officiating crew. She said she’ll use a lot of these clips in her continuing education and certification classes.
I've only started watching soccer in the last 3 years or so and with my limited knowledge I could tell that was shit.

The yellow on Adam's was terrible
Allowing the quick restart was inexcusable
The lack if Yellows on Uruguay was ridiculous
The non offsides call was the icing on the cake.

But at the end of the day losing to Panama was what did this team in.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I've only started watching soccer in the last 3 years or so and with my limited knowledge I could tell that was shit.

The yellow on Adam's was terrible
Allowing the quick restart was inexcusable
The lack if Yellows on Uruguay was ridiculous
The non offsides call was the icing on the cake.

But at the end of the day losing to Panama was what did this team in.

Playing any team south of our boarder not named Brazil or Argentina is absolutely fucking miserable and it’s because of the constant shit that you saw tonight and against Panama.

Weah can’t give the refs a chance to send him off. But Panama was always playing the most annoying games off the ball. I love a good hard tackle. But contact just for the sake of contact is fucking annoying.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
We were definitely missing Destinho this tournament. Scally isn’t terrible, but he brings nowhere near the creativity in the final third that Dest does.

Also, what a poor, poor performance from McKennie this tournament, at least in my opinion. Adams was fine, but Cardoso was also fine and should have seen more time this tournament.

Balogun is the clear No. 1 up top and Haji/Sargent be fighting for that second spot. I thought Pepi played well tonight with his hold up play and connectivity, but outside of that, he was an awful finisher all tournament.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Also, please fix these shitty ass fields before the World Cup. That field was a travesty last night and QUIT OVERCHARGING FOR AN 8 PM KICK ON A MONDAY NIGHT. That is not how you get new fans. No one wants to drop $500 for their family to sit up in the boonies of Arrowhead.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I hope you're right. However, why Slonina hasn't been integrated into the team is beyond me. There is absolutely zero reason to bring Sean Johnson as your 3rd goalkeeper.
Some of this is needing to run on dual tracks for the Olympics

But I think the higher level concern is that Gregg has created a pretty insular roster that it's hard to play your way into and the guys who are on the inside are way too comfortable with their positions.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

But I think the higher level concern is that Gregg has created a pretty insular roster that it's hard to play your way into and the guys who are on the inside are way too comfortable with their positions.
McKennie, Turner, Pepi, and Adams to a point, since his return from injury.

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member

I understand about the Olympics. As for the second part of your post I completely agree with you.

dom91932

Cornerback
Elite Member

Your second point is spot on. Either through lack of talent-especially depth-or man management, there seems to be little competition for a spot in the team overall or the first 11. That Turner is written in stone as the #1 is mind boggling given the past development at the position. Factor in being chronically undisciplined across the board and here we are.

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
Outside of the year or 2 that Steffen was in goal, Matt Turner is the worst goalkeeper we've had in the past 30+ years. We've had great goalkeepers though:

WC 94 - Meola
WC 98 - Keller
WC 02 - Friedel
WC 06 - Keller
WC 10 and WC 14 - IMO the GOAT Howard

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Outside of the year or 2 that Steffen was in goal, Matt Turner is the worst goalkeeper we've had in the past 30+ years. We've had great goalkeepers though:

WC 94 - Meola
WC 98 - Keller
WC 02 - Friedel
WC 06 - Keller
WC 10 and WC 14 - IMO the GOAT Howard

Lot of similarities to Nebraska's kicker run before we got to whatever this shit is

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds