Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

USMNT (2 Viewers)

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
Anyone see the Uruguay and Columbia game? Looks like Uruguay got into with the fans. Definitely didn't like the way Uruguay played. They weren't just physical but habitual fouling just gets old.

Bulldog10

Linebacker
Elite Member
Anyone see the Uruguay and Columbia game? Looks like Uruguay got into with the fans. Definitely didn't like the way Uruguay played. They weren't just physical but habitual fouling just gets old.
Welcome to South American soccer. The refs don’t call fouls so both teams just start fucking each other up. Columbia was playing the same way.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Now that Berhalter is out and the list of perspective candidates has been created I think that we should go after Uruguay's coach Bielsa.

We don't have to qualify for the world cup so familiarity with CONCACAF away games and all the shenanigans that come with them will not be needed. We don't need someone who can devise a way to grind out a point in Azteca and avoid the pitfalls of Jamaica or Costa Rica.

Our focus can be completely on tournament play and building the style we will use for the world cup. We have 2 years to get the details correct. It starts with the Olympics in Paris and identifying anyone from that group that can help strengthen the full national team.

I think Bielsa can do this and he is someone I believe the players would respect. I say this without any knowledge of his current contract or feelings on his future.

Last edited:

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Also just get me a manager who will bring back the edge that the teams of old played with. The US is still pretty far behind the best teams in the world on talent, but they better be an absolute bitch to play every time out

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Now that Berhalter is out and the list of perspective candidates has been created I think that we should go after Uruguay's coach Tata.

We don't have to qualify for the world cup so familiarity with CONCACAF away games and all the shenanigans that come with them will not be needed. We don't need someone who can devise a way to grind out a point in Azteca and avoid the pitfalls of Jamaica or Costa Rica.

Our focus can be completely on tournament play and building the style we will use for the world cup. We have 2 years to get the details correct. It starts with the Olympics in Paris and identifying anyone from that group that can help strengthen the full national team.

I think Tata Martinez can do this and he is someone I believe the players would respect. I say this without any knowledge of his current contract or feelings on his future.
We already have one mistake before the Olympics even begin - Diego Luna being left off of the roster is criminal.

I do think there are a few pieces on the Olympic roster that could have their say in 2026, mainly with the two midfielders in Busio and Tessmann. McKennie, Musah (who really didn't get enough time at COPA), and Adams need to be challenged.

dom91932

Cornerback
Elite Member
We already have one mistake before the Olympics even begin - Diego Luna being left off of the roster is criminal.

I do think there are a few pieces on the Olympic roster that could have their say in 2026, mainly with the two midfielders in Busio and Tessmann. McKennie, Musah (who really didn't get enough time at COPA), and Adams need to be challenged.
I know the Olympic rosters are limited to 18 spots but Luna has to be on that roster. He makes things happen on the field. That is almost non-existent for us internationally.

All of the players on the senior team need to be challenged/pushed. The lack of depth and competition for spots across the board is a huge issue. That is obviously for the federation to improve on rather than the senior team coach given the limited time they have with the players.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I know the Olympic rosters are limited to 18 spots but Luna has to be on that roster. He makes things happen on the field. That is almost non-existent for us internationally.

All of the players on the senior team need to be challenged/pushed. The lack of depth and competition for spots across the board is a huge issue. That is obviously for the federation to improve on rather than the senior team coach given the limited time they have with the players.
They need to put serious pressure on guys to find clubs where they can play and be challenged if they want to be included. Gio is incredibly talented but him not playing for months matters a lot. Same with Weah, etc.

Sure you have guys like Balogun and Pepi who have roles on their club that aren't starting and that's fine, but there is no substitute for playing regularly in matches that matter

dom91932

Cornerback
Elite Member
They need to put serious pressure on guys to find clubs where they can play and be challenged if they want to be included. Gio is incredibly talented but him not playing for months matters a lot. Same with Weah, etc.

Sure you have guys like Balogun and Pepi who have roles on their club that aren't starting and that's fine, but there is no substitute for playing regularly in matches that matter
Amen. Regular playing time is the key-it's the only way to grow and develop.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG

…aaaaaaaand we have our answer to the question of whether the US had lined up a replacement.

GIF by Audacy

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
You’re the second person that’s said he’s the next corch. I’m scared it’ll be true.
I want to believe they'll go out and find someone pragmatic to maximize the chances of semifinals in 2026, but even if they get someone awesome to the finish line they'll find a way to rule him out because he's never heard of the Mason Dixon Line

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds