Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

USMNT (4 Viewers)

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
1) He was offsides
2) You have to take more chances from 25+ when the other team seems content to stay in a shell
3) Bye Greg
Yes
Yes
And Yes.

Making it through boiled down to the Panama game. Uruguay is probably equal/slightly better than us and this was a tough ask. They were just playing to keep us out.

Dempsey just made a good point. We don't have that guy who can go get a goal for us. Need to develop better.

Fitzjess21

Cornerback
Elite Member
I didnt even notice that the ref wouldn't shake Pulisics hand at the end. Although I think he was telling him to go celebrate with the Uraguay team.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Yes
Yes
And Yes.

Making it through boiled down to the Panama game. Uruguay is probably equal/slightly better than us and this was a tough ask. They were just playing to keep us out.

Dempsey just made a good point. We don't have that guy who can go get a goal for us. Need to develop better.

We can always develop better. I didn’t watch close enough to really pinpoint what we were attempting to do tactically and why it would or wouldn’t be good.

Watching the highlights here and it’s pretty obvious at an elementary level that we are a completely undisciplined team up front. We’ve got a dangerous ball played across the mouth of the goal and we have two guys making the same far post run and the goalkeeper easily cuts it out uncontested.

Huskers4420

Linebacker
We can always develop better. I didn’t watch close enough to really pinpoint what we were attempting to do tactically and why it would or wouldn’t be good.

Watching the highlights here and it’s pretty obvious at an elementary level that we are a completely undisciplined team up front. We’ve got a dangerous ball played across the mouth of the goal and we have two guys making the same far post run and the goalkeeper easily cuts it out uncontested.

Can’t play disciplined when the players are all buddy buddy with the coach. Starters know they’ll start. No accountability. Head coach needs to be respected not liked.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG

Top two forwards were out most of the game.

Herbie

Graduate Assistant

I actually feel bad for you soccer fans now.
It has to be taxing to essentially root for two Nebraska football teams

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
Yep. If he's our first off the bench in that position than we've got to find better.
I’ll get shit for this but just give me Jesus Ferreira at this point, at least he scores goals in the US shirt (granted against shit concacaf)

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
Which guys did you want starting or playing more minutes?

Personally I’m good seeing a lot less Pepi. He is an MLS quality striker.
Im a big Weston fan but he was awful this tournament. CB next to Richard’s is going to be a problem, Ream cant go forever. I’d like to see CCV get some more run.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
We were blessed for 20 years with great goalkeeping, Turner ain’t it. I hope Slonina is our 1 come 26

We stopped hammering technique and emphasized athleticism more and it’s led to us falling back in the pack. Turner’s terrible touch on the goal led to them even having a chance there.

Further, his footwork was completely wrong on the foul where he got hurt against Panama and it led to him being in a vulnerable position and being forced to receive that ball without being able to protect himself.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Im a big Weston fan but he was awful this tournament. CB next to Richard’s is going to be a problem, Ream cant go forever. I’d like to see CCV get some more run.
I’m not a Vickers fan. I thought he was responsible for one the goals against Panama. The Olympics will give us a good idea if we have any competent center backs.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds