Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Urban Meyer and his crew landed in lincoln this morning. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenaciousbroski

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
So you think urb is the coach for sure or what percentage do you give it?
I believe this to be true, that he was offered 4 years/50m. He is being brought in to rebuild and then handoff the program to someone like Ryan Day. Iam not saying Ryan Day will be our HC, but someone Urban trusts. I have to be careful what I say because then everyone jumps to insane conclusions lol

NSECTA4

Safety
Elite Member
Outside Urb or Deion who is going to give you a shot at getting past OSU? Don’t tell me it’s Rhule either.
I get what you’re saying. First, there is no way I consider Deion to be on the level of Urbs.

The only thing I have now is hope that a candidate has the all encompassing vision to sell to Turd.

Like the vision that then Michigan State HC Nick Saban sold to the LSU AD. Like the vision that then Utah HC Urban Meyer sold to the UF AD. Did any of us see what the outcome would be when they were hired? Doubtful.

Could it be Rhule with the right staff and resources available in Lincoln? I don’t know. Maybe.

How do any of us know who “that next guy” is?

But if our goal is to beat the Cockeyes and the Vadgers, and be content to lose to tOSU in the CCG, we’ve lost our way worse than I thought.

(EDIT: English is hard. Typing on an iPhone with my eyesight is worse)

Last edited:

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Come on man. You know we're a far distance away from beating Ohio State in a Big Ten championship game.

You're acting like this is easy. We haven't found a coach that could crack that code in 20 yrs. No one knows which of these candidates can bring us to that promised land, you put your best guess out there and hope. Callahan couldn't do it. Pelini couldn't. Riley couldn't. Frost couldn't. Each hire has gotten further away from it as well.

This shit is gonna take time. You're gonna have a rough time emotionally if you can't make peace with that fact.
I’m actually going to be fine. I’ve disconnected emotionally from the program already.

I know that the candidates we’ve listed as “home run” hires can rebuild this program to relevancy. No doubt in my mind. I believe those guys could then compete with the conference powers, usually because they have proven track records and the ability to recruit at a high level.

That is more attractive to me than going with a lower tier guy and hoping he has what it takes in year 5. At least at that point you’re not saying “geez, we should’ve hired the best available” like we have every time a coach is fired at Nebraska.

Last edited:

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I get what you’re saying. First, there is no way I consider Deion to be on the level of Urbs.

The only thing I have now is hope that a candidate has the all encompassing vision to sell to Turd.

Like the vision that then Michigan State HC Nick Saban sold to the LSU AD. Like the vision that then Utah HC Urban Meyer sold to the UF AD.

Did any of us at the time see what was that coming at the time with them? Doubtful.

Could it be Rhule with the right staff and resources available in Lincoln? I don’t know. Maybe.

How do any of us know who “that next guy” is?

But if our goal is to beat the Cockeyes and the Vadgers, and be content to lose to tOSU in the CCG, we’ve lost our way worse than I thought.
I also get Deion isn’t a for sure thing. The only reason I would give him a chance to compete against OSU is because you know his recruiting would be similar. He could be a failure in development for all I know but if you don’t have the jimmies and the joes you have no chance.

NSECTA4

Safety
Elite Member
I also get Deion isn’t a for sure thing. The only reason I would give him a chance to compete against OSU is because you know his recruiting would be similar. He could be a failure in development for all I know but if you don’t have the jimmies and the joes you have no chance.
Can’t disagree with that at all. We need Jimmies, Joes, Jeffries, Jacobs, Joshuas, pretty much everyone in that part of the Baby Name Directory.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
The young chick Urban was at the bar with is named Cayman Nebraska. Yes, her last name is Nebraska.

It’s just meant to be guys, he can’t resist Nebraska.
50 more million would be hard to turn down and he needs an ego boost after the NFL. If I was Urb I’m waiting for Jimbo to get fired though.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
Nothing has changed. I still stand by everything I said. Iam not sure how Ive changed any "stories". I posted what I know to be true so far. No one knows for sure besides Turd. Relax, we are going to get a good hc.
If it's Urban and it's been done for weeks, why was Rhule in Lincoln last week?

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
The young chick Urban was at the bar with is named Cayman Nebraska. Yes, her last name is Nebraska.

So it’s true after all guys, Urban could very well be in Nebraska right now.
I've also heard that used as an excuse as to exactly why he wouldn't come here. Shelly would understandably hate hearing the word Nebraska all the time.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
I believe this to be true, that he was offered 4 years/50m. He is being brought in to rebuild and then handoff the program to someone like Ryan Day. Iam not saying Ryan Day will be our HC, but someone Urban trusts. I have to be careful what I say because then everyone jumps to insane conclusions lol
icegif-1063.gif

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nope, sure I posted on reddit, but they are real assholes there, I am done with that place. My source is legitimate, but I love the speculation around me right now lol.
Don't worry about those 2. Not unusual for them to be on the attack on posters. Not sure either one has ever brought any inside info to the board but they love to attack people who do. There is an Ignore Feature on this site. You'll quickly figure out there are a couple posters worth using that feature on. We've added a few new members who seem to be struggling to fit in to what we do here.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m actually going to be fine. I’ve disconnected emotionally from the program already.

I know that the candidates we’ve listed as “home run” hires can rebuild this program to relevancy. No doubt in my mind. I believe those guys could then compete with the conference powers, usually because they have proven track records and the ability to recruit at a high level.

That is more attractive to me than going with a lower tier guy and hoping he has what it takes in year 5. At least at that point your not saying “geez, we should’ve hired the best available” like we have every time a coach is fired at Nebraska.
I just think that the roster is so far behind you're looking at 3 yrs for BTCG. Our skill guys are fine, it's the trenches.

Michigan State has been an interesting case study this year. Every said "Mel Tucker did it in 1 yr!!" and now they're realizing that that was fool's gold. MSU's program was not in solid ground - they just got lucky for one year. Solid ground takes longer than 1 yr.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Don't worry about those 2. Not unusual for them to be on the attack on posters. Not sure either one has ever brought any inside info to the board but they love to attack people who do. There is an Ignore Feature on this site. You'll quickly figure out there are a couple posters worth using that feature on. We've added a few new members who seem to be struggling to fit in to what we do here.
+1

I'm here for the entertainment factor. I'd rather have a site with 50% good info and 50% made up BS than a site with no inside info at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds