Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Urban Meyer and his crew landed in lincoln this morning. (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ive never heard of this place up until the other day. I was asked to share my info and thats it. I don't care to be popular on the internet. I heard news and shared it. But it is great to be here with fellow self loathing husker fans.
I promise it's not normally like this on here. Yes there are a few occasional Turds in the Punchbowl but if @HuskerGarrett vouches for you most of us are very appreciative of anything that you share with us. We know not every piece of inside info comes to fruition as situations can be fluid.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Same here. I came over here because @HuskerGarrett is a good dude (got tickets from him) and I had no interest in tater island...also have no interest in giving titty twisters to folks willing to bring info they feel is legit, I can choose to dig it or ignore it without pissing on them.
View attachment 16650
You’re damn right he’s a good dude!! People need to chill out. So is @Jim14510

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
I found OP on reddit and told him about the board if you're mad about his info blame me. From what I've gathered talking to him he's a genuine dude. If I've misread then that's my fault. Give me your heat.
old-guys-fight-hermana

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
@HuskerGarrett invites a new poster to his board who he considers a valuable insider and you are being a douche to his newcomer right out of the gate. HG's doing his best to continue to grow this great site and you are trying to shit on one of his new sources he got for us. That is what was one of the big downfalls of RSS thus from what I understand a reason he started this. You and others shit on his new sources thus you are basically shitting on HG and tPB which he has worked very hard on. Most of us appreciate what HG's and others hard work has created here for Husker Fans.
Yeah this faggit @Ducksker (aka Kitty) is really starting to piss me off

Tenaciousbroski

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I found OP on reddit and told him about the board if you're mad about his info blame me. From what I've gathered talking to him he's a genuine dude. If I've misread then that's my fault. Give me your heat.
I appreciate it but I will go down with the ship if I am wrong. It happens, but I really doubt BOB is going to be our next hc especially after being ran out of bama like certain speculations are pointing. I do trust my source and gut on this one. Fingers crossed gentlemen. But like I said earlier, Urban could very well be here consulting, like Turd said, he is bringing in coaches from all over the place for an outside perspective. He also said “Obviously, economics are all part of the decision-making process, but I think we’ve been very clear that we’re looking for the right fit. We’re not going to make decisions based on who we can hire to cost us the least amount of money." We are about to drop a lot of cash and it won't be for a nobody.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
So as of right now with a gun to your head who is the coach at Nebraska in the next week or two?
I have no idea anymore. It's been a roller coaster like ride lately. If you had asked me a week ago I would have said 90% Rhule as everything I was hearing pointed to Rhule, and it felt like such a great match. Have no idea what caused that to seemingly change course but something big must have happened for it to go away so quickly. Maybe Turd is throwing smoke screens for negotiation reasons with Carolina and it will still be Rhule.

Not sure if you remember but I was one of the posters on RSS that shared they had heard Rhule's agent had contacted Turd after the end of the 2022 season expressing interest in leaving the NFL to get back to the college game. So I researched the fuck out of him then and came away quite impressed. I'd rather have Rhule over anyone else, including Urban. I think he could be a long term solution for us plus just seems like a great fit for our fanbase. Seems like a genuine dude that loves football and would work well with Turd. Maybe it is the optimist in me but I'm still hoping/thinking we will be able to work it our with Rhule as the fit just seems too good for both parties.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Yes, lots of info gets shared behind the scenes. Some of it is shared through HG and he acts as the medium. He puts it out there and takes the heat if is proves incorrect. Some of it needs to be kept out of the public though because of the sensitivity of it. If it is in the best interest of Turd or the program for it not to be mentioned on a public forum you aren't putting it out there to hurt or be used against our beloved Huskers.

Also need to be careful because in some cases it could be traced back to someone who is your source. I shared something on RSS once that I didn't think was a big deal but my source got pissed at me. Guess it was a bigger deal than I realized and the conversation was easily traced back to them as the leak.
Gotcha. Well like always I do appreciate what Is shared!

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have no idea anymore. It's been a roller coaster like ride lately. If you had asked me a week ago I would have said 90% Rhule as everything I was hearing pointed to Rhule, and it felt like such a great match. Have no idea what caused that to seemingly change course but something big must have happened for it to go away so quickly. Maybe Turd is throwing smoke screens for negotiation reasons with Carolina and it will still be Rhule.

Not sure if you remember but I was one of the posters on RSS that shared they had heard Rhule's agent had contacted Turd after the end of the 2022 season expressing interest in leaving the NFL to get back to the college game. So I researched the fuck out of him then and came away quite impressed. I'd rather have Rhule over anyone else, including Urban. I think he could be a long term solution for us plus just seems like a great fit for our fanbase. Seems like a genuine dude that loves football and would work well with Turd. Maybe it is the optimist in me but I'm still hoping/thinking we will be able to work it our with Rhule as the fit just seems too good for both parties.
Thanks. I do remember. I was wondering if you heard anything new floating around? I hear a lot of shit too, but only post the stuff I know is true or has a high likelihood of being true. I also know like with Rhule the deal could have been basically about done but broke down for whatever reason.

Interloper

Linebacker
Elite Member
Maybe Turd is throwing smoke screens for negotiation reasons with Carolina and it will still be Rhule.

I think this is very plausible and maybe even likely...no inside info, just a gut feel. Trying to keep the media at bay from breaking anything concrete before he's ready seems very important to Turd and he's done a helluva job of that. In spite of my battered "Husker Syndrome" over the last 20 years, I'm choosing to be optimistic and start to believe this is all by design. Sure as hell hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds