Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Urban Meyer and his crew landed in lincoln this morning. (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSECTA4

Safety
Elite Member
Klieman will compete in the BIG. Will he ever catch Ohio State? No, but who has really?
If the goal is to only compete in the B1G but not for championships, then we’re aiming too low. The target is indeed in Columbus.

Not looking for participation trophies.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
So you think we should be ok with 3-4 hires away?
Or are you saying the new hire will incrementally achieve each of those milestones?
If the former, fuck that.
I think we need stability and program growth at this point. If the next guy has us beating Cockeye, MN, Wisconsin, Purdue, Illinois regularly... that's the number 1 criteria of success for me. If he gets blown out by 50 in the B1G championship game that's less of a concern.

First step is regional dominance. We have to dominate these regional recruiting battles (we're not now). Have to be the #1 team in this area.

If he can't move it past that in 5 yrs then you find an upgrade HC who can build on that.

I DO NOT expect this next hire to have us on equal level with Ohio State and Michigan within 5 yrs. We're too far behind for that. I don't know that it's possible for Nebraska to be on equal level with Ohio State as a program right now.

All I'm concerned about is getting the program to a regular 9-3 or 10-2 level. I have no concerns after that bc we have too much work to do to get there.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
If the goal is to only compete in the B1G but not for championships, then we’re aiming too low. The target is indeed in Columbus.

Apparently that’s not how this works. You have to hire the guy that can beat the West teams consistently. Once you accomplish that then you can hire the guy who could potentially compete with the big boys.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

Outside Urb or Deion who is going to give you a shot at getting past OSU? Don’t tell me it’s Rhule either.

NSECTA4

Safety
Elite Member
I think we need stability and program growth at this point. If the next guy has us beating Cockeye, MN, Vadgers, Purdue, Illinois regularly... that's the number 1 criteria of success for me. If he gets blown out by 50 in the B1G championship game that's less of a concern.

First step is regional dominance. We have to dominate these regional recruiting battles (we're not now). Have to be the #1 team in this area.

If he can't move it past that in 5 yrs then you find an upgrade HC who can build on that.

I DO NOT expect this next hire to have us on equal level with Ohio State and Michigan within 5 yrs. We're too far behind for that. I don't know that it's possible for Nebraska to be on equal level with Ohio State as a program right now.

All I'm concerned about is getting the program to a regular 9-3 or 10-2 level. I have no concerns after that bc we have too much work to do to get there.
Gotcha.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Apparently that’s not how this works. You have to hire the guy that can beat the West teams consistently. Once you accomplish that then you can hire the guy who could potentially compete with the big boys.
Come on man. You know we're a far distance away from beating Ohio State in a Big Ten championship game.

You're acting like this is easy. We haven't found a coach that could crack that code in 20 yrs. No one knows which of these candidates can bring us to that promised land, you put your best guess out there and hope. Callahan couldn't do it. Pelini couldn't. Riley couldn't. Frost couldn't. Each hire has gotten further away from it as well.

This shit is gonna take time. You're gonna have a rough time emotionally if you can't make peace with that fact.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nothing has changed. I still stand by everything I said. Iam not sure how Ive changed any "stories". I posted what I know to be true so far. No one knows for sure besides Turd. Relax, we are going to get a good hc.
So you think urb is the coach for sure or what percentage do you give it?

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
So you think urb is the coach for sure or what percentage do you give it?
ten GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds