Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Urban Meyer and his crew landed in lincoln this morning. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
Whats Going On Reaction GIF by Travis

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Interesting aspect about the flight from Columbus despite Urban no longer living there. Big Noon Kickoff will be in Columbus this week, certainly not unrealistic that he went and got settled in early and came from there. IF he's here and IF he's just consulting a flight this week back to Columbus from OMA/LNK would be a good signal.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Interesting aspect about the flight from Columbus despite Urban no longer living there. Big Noon Kickoff will be in Columbus this week, certainly not unrealistic that he went and got settled in early and came from there. IF he's here and IF he's just consulting a flight this week back to Columbus from OMA/LNK would be a good signal.
If we are still in need of his consulting at this stage of the search then we all better brace for monkey tits.

Blakejc

Corporate Potato
Elite Member
If he’s not being announced tomorrow why is he here the Monday before thanksgiving?

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why would that be a good signal, if he's just consulting?

If Urban is just consulting, yet he had to make an emergency flight into OMA/LNK today, that could also be a very bad thing. That could just be Turd calling him up saying "my top 3 all bailed on me, we're in DEFCON 1 now, we need you here to war room this ASAP"...

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just saying that if Urban is in Lincoln now for consulting, we have no idea if that is a good thing or bad thing. Turd could be having a Steve Pederson style break down as we know it. We have no idea.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
If we are still in need of his consulting at this stage of the search then we all better brace for monkey tits.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

If we needed to call Urban in for IN-PERSON consulting at this late stage... that sure as hell ain't a good thing, gents.

That means we're witnessing Steve Pederson pt 2.

Mood4NU

Linebacker
Elite Member
This would be nice, but I’m not buying anything anymore. I’ll believe it when I see it

At the moment I’m under the impression Turd has consulted Urban multiple times during this search. I’m also under the impression Turd has put out false info on purpose multiple times

Interloper

Linebacker
Elite Member
As much as I'm used to getting kicked in the nuts by this program and anything associated with it over the last 5-20 years, hard to believe that Urbs is traveling in for just consulting...he can do that from anywhere. It has to be part of his onboarding, or as @HerbRedman points out, we're in a real shitshow and at Defcon 1. If that's the case then just fvck.

Last edited:

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
As much as I'm used to getting kicked in the nuts by this program and anything associated with it over the last 5-20 years, why would Urbs spend so much of his time in a consultative basis (unless we were paying him, which is possible I suppose)? I get that he has an affinity for the program but it just seems odd that he'd be traveling to Lincoln to consult when he could do that from anywhere...still want to believe he's #1 on the list.
On the consulting, if he's been as involved as the rumors are saying, UNL AD is probably paying Urban at least $50k-100k for his work. That's how these things work. High level consulting like that is expensive.

Going rate for search firms is now around $125k-250k. And that's FEE only... that doesn't count the private jet costs, fuel, etc. It's incredibly expensive. I wouldn't be surprised if we're paying CSA more than $250k to be honest.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Why would that be a good signal, if he's just consulting?

If Urban is just consulting, yet he had to make an emergency flight into OMA/LNK today, that could also be a very bad thing. That could just be Turd calling him up saying "my top 3 all bailed on me, we're in DEFCON 1 now, we need you here to war room this ASAP"...

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just saying that if Urban is in Lincoln now for consulting, we have no idea if that is a good thing or bad thing. Turd could be having a Steve Pederson style break down as we know it. We have no idea.
I'm not saying it is a good thing. I'm just saying we could potentially tell later this week if he was here or not. If we still don't know anything tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds