Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Urban Meyer and his crew landed in lincoln this morning. (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Bro it's called zoom, no one has time for that shit anymore
Yeah, I was going to add that. I think if Urban was in Lincoln (if that could be proven) it'd have to be 90% likely to sign an MOU himself. And 10% likely for consulting.

The type of consulting Urban has been doing for Turd really does not need to be in person at all. It's Thanksgiving week... there's really no reason he'd have to hop on a private plane to be here in person to consult. I agree with you, that can be handled 100% via Zoom.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
I'm not saying it is a good thing. I'm just saying we could potentially tell later this week if he was here or not. If we still don't know anything tomorrow.
Oh I see the wording on my last sentence. I meant it could be a good signal if he was in fact here. Not necessarily a good sign for us. If we announce LL tomorrow and then see a flight to Columbus that would be a weird look. If we don't hear anything this week but there was a flight to Columbus then maybe Urban is in play. If there's no flight back and we don't know anything then maybe he wasn't really here.

Interloper

Linebacker
Elite Member
On the consulting, if he's been as involved as the rumors are saying, UNL AD is probably paying Urban at least $50k-100k for his work. That's how these things work. High level consulting like that is expensive.

Going rate for search firms is now around $125k-250k. And that's FEE only... that doesn't count the private jet costs, fuel, etc. It's incredibly expensive. I wouldn't be surprised if we're paying CSA more than $250k to be honest.
Thanks for the insight...attributing my tater take to being bleary eyed at this hour lol.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
There's no way any of this is true. You guys put too much stock into the flight tracker.
Has sources that say Urban is in Lincoln too though. Not just from the flights.

Would agree that if Urban is here for helping with the search this has turned into a huge shit show. If you believe he's here then it's boom or bust. Hiring Urban or we are fucked.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Has sources that say Urban is in Lincoln too though. Not just from the flights.

Would agree that if Urban is here for helping with the search this has turned into a huge shit show. If you believe he's here then it's boom or bust. Hiring Urban or we are fucked.
After years studying the tendencies of the simulation we are trapped in, I think it's safe to say we are fucked.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
This is so confusing. I want to believe it's Urban. If so, it seems we moved on from Rhule?

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is so confusing. I want to believe it's Urban. If so, it seems we moved on from Rhule?
If Urban is really in play here, I would have to assume the Rhule negotiations with the Panthers were getting so high that we realized if we are spending Urban money we might as well get Urban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds