Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Urban Meyer and his crew landed in lincoln this morning. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I can't say a lot, but this place seems safer than reddit now that I've found it.
'Tis all good my man. We love rumors here. Most understand that this is entertainment, not life & death.

I was just trying to figure out how much you know. Bc your OP said you weren't sure why Urban was here and that Alberts "might" make a push for Urban. But in later posts you're now throwing around contract #s for NU/Urban. So, I'm assuming you know more than you let on in your OP, is this correct?

I'm just trying to get some context for your posts.

Tenaciousbroski

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
'Tis all good my man. We love rumors here. Most understand that this is entertainment, not life & death.

I was just trying to figure out how much you know. Bc your OP said you weren't sure why Urban was here and that Alberts "might" make a push for Urban. But in later posts you're now throwing around contract #s for NU/Urban. So, I'm assuming you know more than you let on in your OP, is this correct?

I'm just trying to get some context for your posts.
Something is happening. We will know soon, urban is being offered a lot. Turd is a better ad than we think he is, we didn't build a $200m athletic facility for nothing. They are throwing everything for urban.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
Something is happening. We will know soon, urban is being offered a lot. Turd is a better ad than we think he is, we didn't build a $200m athletic facility for nothing. They are throwing everything for urban.
The upcoming stadium upgrades are going to blow that pricetag out of the water, if you listen to them talk about the logistical challenges it's going to be ALOT more than new seats and speakers.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Well we will keep our fingers crossed then! Appreciate the nuggs and welcome to TPB!

Thank You For Your Service GIF by Hyper RPG

Tenaciousbroski

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Thanks for the info OP.

Question:
  • Is your friend sure it was Urban "and his crew"? Because if it was Urban and his lawyer, agent, etc, that would mean it was contract signing time. If it was Urban by himself, he could just be here consulting.
Because there was also this flight that whe OMA to Cincinnati this afternoon. Speculation was that was a last ditch effort to get #2ndChoice.

View attachment 16557
Not that flight

Tenaciousbroski

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Not that flight as in, "that's not the last ditch flight to get #2ndChoice?"

I thought you said we were throwing the kitchen sink at Urban? Are you saying Turd is working #2ndChoice angle too?
There is a serious problem in rhules contract. I read your comment wrong, its late and I have a newborn lol I haven't slept. Nebraska is throwing the bank, Urban is #1 atm.

HughJanus

Der Viener Schlinger
Elite Member
My current understanding of the coaching search. Starting at Matt Rhule in Lincoln.

He was here. Rhule found a better alternative allegedly. I'm sure we were trying to get him for $5-6mil/year range on the cheap. Good hire. He either found out Mark Stoops was about to get 9mil or just heard of another job he preferred. Either way his panthers contract stipulates he must be paid fair market value. Thanks to Stoops that's now 9mil for him.

That's probably maxing Trevs budget. (Im assuming he had an agreed upon budget set at the beginning.) Meaning either we'll aim lower. Leipold Monken etc... or he got permission for more with justification from the market...

If Turd played it well he waited so long to engage Rhule bc he knew we'd either get a steal on a good coach or that this would happen and secured the bag to get his whale; waiting in his pocket. Im sure he's long been in descussions with a few knowing one would pan out, and they would be expensive to bring in.

If he didn't play this well, then we just wasted 70 days to end up with Jeff Monken.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Oh, we also found that Urbans house is owned by a company called Xavier Holdings LLC, if anyone knows how to see if that company owns a plane. His wife is listed as the owner of the company.
the Sarasota house or the one in Dublin OH he sold

There is a Xavier Holdings registered in Columbus and Sarasota, so that may be how Meyer owns his homes, but the women would have to be connected.

Unrelated to search but interesting:

Urban and Shelley Meyer have sold their Dublin home, as the former Ohio State University coach heads to Florida to take over the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The Meyers sold the house, on Dunsinane Drive in Muirfield Village, for $1.75 million to a couple. Interestingly, that couple also owns the home of former Ohio State football coach Luke #2ndChoice.

The Meyers' Muirfield home, which was not listed, was purchased by Clark and Dixie May.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
This tells me Meyer may well still have use of the house and sold it to a friendly buyer to claim he wasn’t an zOhio resident for state tax purposes

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
I’ve been a staunch HCum optimist this whole time but this one doesn’t feel right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds