Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Urban Meyer and his crew landed in lincoln this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 16606

"Things you love to hear from an AD rumored to be striking out on his top targets" for $100
the-rock-sean-connery.gif

thats why we are hiring a coach who's team WONT make a bowl game this year. Gotta love those Monkey Tits

Bowl game or no, he still plays Navy on Dec 10th. I really hope that, all rumor and inklings aside, he's essentially Turd's last ditch option ahead of only Mickey. If it comes down to him, even besides all of the boxes he doesn't check, he would arrive in Lincoln two weeks later than most other realistic candidates and be behind on recruiting when he's already 9 years removed from recruiting like a non-military college program.

Bowl game or no, he still plays Navy on Dec 10th. I really hope that, all rumor and inklings aside, he's essentially Turd's last ditch option ahead of only Mickey. If it comes down to him, even besides all of the boxes he doesn't check, he would arrive in Lincoln two weeks later than most other realistic candidates and be behind on recruiting when he's already 9 years removed from recruiting like a non-military college program.
I am just glad Turd let us know he is trying really hard to do good.

Personally, I think the first step needs to be competing with our nearby programs (IA, MN, WI, PUR, IL). Next step is regularly beating them. Next step is dominating them. Next step is competing with OSU/MI/PSU for conference supremacy.

I don't think you can make a hire to skip right to step 4. It's gotta go in order & it's a process. I fear many NU cans think we can hire someone and skip to step 4...but it doesn't work that way.
Not sure who’s disputing this… you’re not competing with the East using a West roadmap, though.

I am just glad Turd let us know he is trying really hard to do good.

Yeah I'm not reading into that too much. Could very well validate him striking out on top candidates, and we can point to that quote as a chapter title of his inevitable undoing as AD here, but I have too much going on this week to get suckered into that many highs and lows over a quote that could mean a ton of different things without further context. I'm reserving all negative judgment for when the final hire is announced and if it's Monken or someone similar. If we all end up being happy with the hire, then I don't give a shit if Monken came in second place or third in the end.

Negatively reacting to anything before that is just flirting with schrodinger's coach.

OP heard the Urban flying in rumor from a buddy who got the info from here on tPB.

OP then took said info to reddit, where one of us invited him to the board to see where the info came from.

OP then posted the original Platinum Board rumor here on the Platinum Board for a second time, stating “donor friend” as a source.

Damn, i love coaching carousel season.

OP heard the Urban flying in rumor from a buddy who got the info from here on tPB.

OP then took said info to reddit, where one of us invited him to the board to see where the info came from.

OP then posted the original Platinum Board rumor here on the Platinum Board for a second time, stating “donor friend” as a source.

@Tenaciousbroski

Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Wasn't donor friend though. It's certainly a possibility the two people he got the info from got it from the rumor mill but I really don't think that was his perception/intention.

CC67ACB9-E08D-42AF-BC1E-ED0FAD8470EC.jpeg

Wasn't donor friend though. It's certainly a possibility the two people he got the info from got it from the rumor mill but I really don't think that was his perception/intention.
I agree. I’m just going to enjoy the next week and the ups and downs. Definitely not going to accuse anyone of trolling etc. Most people here have good intentions. We’re all just looking for bread crumbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back