Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Twitter/X Official "Let's all laugh at Deion/Colorado thread"

Indiana talk is premature. I know they won 77-3, but Western Illinois was 0-11 last season and lost 7 games by 6+ touchdowns.

Maybe they are better but idk if we really have any good data points currently. W Illinois went -11 last year and FIU went 4-8 (1-7 in CUSA)

UCLA game should tell us more.
Illinois will be a decent test. Their D is pretty good but their offense is trash.

That scenario would be tough to play out.

In order to be 3rd we'd have to be 10-2. In order to jump USC we'd have to have beat them. So losses to Ohio St and ?.

USC to be in the championship but only 1 loss and that loss has to be to us. So they are 11-1 with loss to us.

Then Ohio St has zero or 1 loss and then beat USC in the championship game.

That is literally the only scenario that it would work. Possible. Unlikely. I don't see us losing to anyone but Ohio St and/or USC.
Solid logic takes are trash. Do better.

Indiana talk is premature. I know they won 77-3, but Western Illinois was 0-11 last season and lost 7 games by 6+ touchdowns.

Maybe they are better but idk if we really have any good data points currently. W Illinois went -11 last year and FIU went 4-8 (1-7 in CUSA)

UCLA game should tell us more.
Very true. I don't think they're a great team necessarily, but they absolutely look improved. Don't love playing a good offense on the road in what will almost certainly be an 11am kickoff.

I actually hate talk like this. We've won two games against two not great teams.

Yes we won in convincing fashion, but this feels a little premature.

Crazy enough, Illinois might be ranked when we play them. I never would have thought that.

Rutgers is not going to be cake walk.

There is just plenty of places we could trip up.

I'm still setting the bar at getting to 8 wins, 7 still is progress.
It is probably more likely than not we drop 1 game against Illinois, Rutgers, or Purdoodoo.

Indiana is a massive trap game. Week before OSU... On the road.... IU homecoming.... I'll be there ....

Beware.

I thought 9-3 before the season. I think that is definitely achievable. 8-4 should be our floor. 10-2 is our stretch goal and I think that would get us into the CFP.

What happened to ND this weekend should plainly tell us we should not be counting wins. One week at a time.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back