Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Turd Alberts to Texas A&M (5 Viewers)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
On a scale of 1-10, how naive am I in thinking that this won’t have a huge effect on Rhule? I’m sure he’s not pleased, and they obviously had a good relationship, but I would imagine he’ll have a lot of input on the next hire and whoever comes in will almost certainly give Rhule and the football program all they want.
6. But it will vary on who gets hired in the AD role.

Herbie

Quarterback
On a scale of 1-10, how naive am I in thinking that this won’t have a huge effect on Rhule? I’m sure he’s not pleased, and they obviously had a good relationship, but I would imagine he’ll have a lot of input on the next hire and whoever comes in will almost certainly give Rhule and the football program all they want.
I don’t think it’s naive.
And realistically Nebraska is winning 6-8 games at best next year. Teams that can afford to pay him more money and pay a buyout aren’t looking at him going we need him after his 2 years at Nebraska

MaxHuskers34

Linebacker
Elite Member
More from BC on 247 "Zenitz had a good tweet on it. A&M side clearly feels its trending toward him being there. Just saying to not count it as done until it is official. I've heard from a voice or two on Nebraska's side that had hope from NU's end this morning. We'll see. Nothing would surprise me on it now."

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
Much closer to 10 then 1

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I understand it could be difficult at times with no president, but doesn’t the ad report to the chancellor now anyways?

On a day to day basis I doubt his job is much different and it’s up to him to set the standard of leadership in the athletic department. If he’s getting pissy because it’s harder to fundraise/get his stadium expansion plans going because of no president then he San royally fuck off.
No, Turd still reports to the president. Turd used to report to the chancellor, but after Green left that changed.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I'm having a little trouble understanding the "university leadership issues made him leave" angle... Clearly the instability is ridiculous, but how has that affected Turd to the point that he'd burn a bridge like this? Hasn't he pretty much gotten everything he wanted so far?

• Huge salary/raise/extension
  • Got the go-ahead to restructure Frost's contract which threaded the needle perfectly when it came time to fire him
  • Convinced boosters to step up with money to hire Rhule
  • Sports trending up
  • Is literally being allowed to tear down and rebuild Memorial Stadium
  • Was given very unique power within the university system where he bypasses the chancellor and only reports directly to the University President
Lord knows the regents and boosters and all that can cause a mess, but with ALL of that power, everything that was going in Turd's favor, what in the world could possibly cancel all of that out and make him give up on his "beloved" alma mater and burn bridges with fans who have respected him for over 30 years? They're taking a long time to hire a new president? They're stingy with money but obviously can be persuaded because he's already done it several times? What am I missing? Where else would he get this much freedom and clout? If anything, the leadership vacuum has given him MORE power and influence, not less.

Last edited:

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I'm having a little trouble understanding the "university leadership issues made him leave" angle... Clearly the instability is ridiculous, but how has that affected Turd to the point that he'd burn a bridge like this? Hasn't he pretty much gotten everything he wanted so far?

• Huge salary/raise/extension
  • Got the go-ahead to restructure Frost's contract which threaded the needle perfectly when it came time to fire him
  • Convinced boosters to step up with money to hire Rhule
  • Sports trending up
  • Is literally being allowed to tear down and rebuild Memorial Stadium
  • Was given very unique power within the university system where he bypasses the chancellor and only reports directly to the University President
Lord knows the regents and boosters and all that can cause a mess, but with ALL of that power, everything that was going in Turd's favor, what in the world could possibly cancel all of that out and make him give up on his "beloved" alma mater and burn bridges with fans who have respected him for over 30 years? They're taking a long time to hire a new president? They're stingy with money but obviously can be persuaded because he's already done it several times? What am I missing? If anything, the leadership vacuum has given him MORE power and influence.
And the complaints that we’ve heard about chancellor are about academics, which means nothing to the AD.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member

Obviously depends on who replaces him. If its an AD that just gives him what he needs and supports him - it'll be a none issue. If its an AD that wants to question every dollar he wants to spend and put up road blocks, we'll lose Rhule for sure.

An AD that wants to invoke his own agenda into the Football program would chase Rhule away pretty quick too I'd imagine. NIL is a huge issue right now and if you get the wrong guy who wants to make a point about being anti-NIL like we've seen a few ADs do, we're doomed.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds