Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Turd Alberts to Texas A&M (4 Viewers)

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Be hard to choose just one.
Nicolas Cage Reaction GIF

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Haven’t read all 9 pages, so excuse me if this is repetition:

• There is a thread on RSS from a couple of days ago about how much the current leadership at UNL sucks. There is no university president and they are apparently having trouble getting good candidates to apply. No one likes the new chancellor, who is in line to get a vote of no confidence from the faculty. I wonder if this sudden lack of leadership and support (after the loss of Ted Carter) plays a role in Turd’s thinking. This also means there is really no one in place that could throw a last Hail Mary to get him to stay. Unless it’s the regents, I suppose.

• I am not sure why the WBB lawsuit would play a large role in this. Switching jobs won’t get him out of that.

• This really, really sucks. UNL needs to figure its shit out so we stop losing competent leaders to other schools.

(I tried to link the RSS thread I mentioend, but I can't because of the hilarious autocorret to Tater Island in the URL. It is titled "OT: the unfilled President of Univeristy System role")

Last edited:

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
theory just a random random theory: Turd didnt like the peeds peeds whined to pillen pillen whined to his buddies on the BOR. Pillen to be first ever ad and gov'nor.

Go ahead and run with this conspiracy as facts

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member

• There is a thread on RSS from a couple of days ago about how much the current leadership at UNL sucks. There is no university president and they are apparently having trouble getting good candidates to apply. No one likes the new chancellor, who is in line to get a vote of no confidence from the faculty. I wonder if this sudden lack of leadership and support (after the loss of Ted Carter) plays a role in Turd’s thinking. This also means there is really no one in place that could throw a last Hail Mary to get him to stay. Unless it’s the regents, I suppose.

• I am not sure why the WBB lawsuit would play a large role in this. Switching jobs won’t get him out of that.

• This really, really sucks. UNL needs to figure its shit out so we stop losing competent leaders to other schools.
Who is the new chancellor and who hired him?

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG

Lots of truth in this.

I am going to blame the fucking regents for this drama. Too much uncertainty when the regents can't agree to elect a new chancellor. It is always the internal bullshit that will prevent NU from moving out of the past and into the present.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Unbelievable. The call was coming from inside the building.

It’s a third act twist where the hero turns out to be the villain. He’s fucking Kevin Costner in No Way Out.

If he is turning tail because he’s concerned about leadership, that’s even shittier. Doubling your salary for 8 years comes with an expectation that you are going to ride out bad times (especially ones that were foreseeable 4 months ago).

He’s a quitter who intentionally fucked over his Alma mater if he does this. That’s it. No justification changes that.

Ironwardog

Linebacker
Elite Member
If Turd is looking to get out, does that mean Rhule will have his name in for HC search agencies next year?

Kazman5k

Cornerback
Elite Member
I feel like the disfunction is largely overblown and a cop-out excuse. Higher education is political everywhere you go and you’re never going to get athletic administrators, politicians, and athletics to completely agree. Thinking you can fix that by going to a different school is naive (especially at a place like A$M)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Well that’s some bullshit

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds